Controversial opinions on metal

terminal spirit disease and slaughter of the soul are both boring, these 'YA THEYRE NOT SUBTLE OR ANYTHIN BUT THEYRE STILL FUCKIN FUN' arguments are pretty inaccurate

first two + EP are amazing, amazing, amazing however

I thought of tons more.

Job For a Cowboy should've stayed as Deathcore.
Torsofuck are the most untalented dumb cunts in Grind.
Bathory's Hammerheart is insanely overrated.
Old Napalm Death > New Napalm Death.
CoB's Blooddrunk fails miserably.
Impending Doom suck so fucking much.
Burzum's dark ambient stuff is awesome.
Exodus are overrated.
Beer Vomit are underrated.
Anal Cunt suck.

all for now.

EDIT: At The Gates:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I don't really like Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse. I try to convince myself that it's great but I'll never enjoy it as much as I enjoy other classic stuff and that because of keyboard + Ihsahn's screeches.

I don't enjoy Obituary very much.

Please note that I'm not implying these bands suck. I'm fully aware of their importance and I understand that the problem lies within me :>.

I don't really like Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse. I try to convince myself that it's great but I'll never enjoy it as much as I enjoy other classic stuff and that because of keyboard + Ihsahn's screeches.

I dont like Emperor much at all. I do appreciate most of the other old school Norwegian bands and lots of different kind of black metal (from symphonic to minimal stuff). If anything the only album I find myself go back to is the last one Prometheus...

And I like Ihsahn solo stuff way better than anything he did under the band name Emperor.

I love Wolverine Blues, people who talk about Entombed selling out with that one are dead wrong. To release an album like Wolverine Blues at the height of death metal popularity is so cool and unexpected.

Please note that I'm not implying these bands suck. I'm fully aware of their importance and I understand that the problem lies within me :>.
Cause of Death is still in my top ten favorite DM albums,James Murphy kicks that albums ass!:headbang:

I love Wolverine Blues, people who talk about Entombed selling out with that one are dead wrong. To release an album like Wolverine Blues at the height of death metal popularity is so cool and unexpected.

I agree with this 100%. Wolverine Blues is a great album and somewhere in my metal top 20.

terminal spirit disease and slaughter of the soul are both boring, these 'YA THEYRE NOT SUBTLE OR ANYTHIN BUT THEYRE STILL FUCKIN FUN' arguments are pretty inaccurate

first two + EP are amazing, amazing, amazing however

TSD had some interesting dynamics going on, but they weren't properly explored and so the album left a lot to be desired. I still listen to it occasionally for the pretty melodies, though.

I thought of tons more.

Job For a Cowboy should've stayed as Deathcore.
Torsofuck are the most untalented dumb cunts in Grind.
Bathory's Hammerheart is insanely overrated.
Old Napalm Death > New Napalm Death.
CoB's Blooddrunk fails miserably.
Impending Doom suck so fucking much.
Burzum's dark ambient stuff is awesome.
Exodus are overrated.
Beer Vomit are underrated.
Anal Cunt suck.

all for now.

EDIT: At The Gates:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I agree with all except the opinions on Torsofuck, Bathory, Exodus and Anal Cunt.

apparently I'm alone on this board as the sole Anal Cunt fan. I think they're hilarious.

Somewhat related : Wrath of the Tyrant is easily better than In the Nightside eclipse

I enjoy the Emperor/Wrath of the Tyrant compilation more than I enjoy In the Nightside Eclipse, though it's still a great album. Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk, however, is boring and directionless.