Creating An Opeth Lyric

DeadBaytar

And the journey begins...
May 19, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
Visit site
i think this would be really joyful...

let' s make a lyric for Opeth... i mean like the lyrics of Opeth... you know the mood... etc. only one line in a post (that's really important) and it will be a long lyric like the "Crimson" of "Edge of Sanity" :) i won't put a song title so there won't be any limitations... the main goal here is, the lyrics must be "Opeth-ic"

just think your line and imagine mike' s adorable voice singing it.

just write one line in each post and there won' t be any conflicts.

Have fun :)

i' m starting..............

"...And he wipes his tears and stood still against the wind..."

:: pissing everyone off by not continuing ::

I have great fun by taking an Opeth booklet and writing all the nouns in one column starting from 1st song to last. Then I go beside the nouns and list the adjective and verbs from the last song to the first. It makes for some funny (and stupid) combos. For example:

morning fed
petals held
dew paused
breath clinging
stream old
memories vast
beauty marvel
rain playing
coffin engraved
soil stained
death stared
symbols entwined.....

Ok, for that set I think I went the same way for both columns.. It's just my way to amuse myself in class.

"I fall in the mud... i graze my knee... death, pestilence and sorrow land upon my brazen soul for all uncertain eternity"

Originally posted by Trapped
"... Boo Hoo Hoo, She left me, and now all i see is grey... Feel sorry for me, please..."
Hmm... you make fun of Opeth yet you sit at your home posting on their message board while your wasted life passes you by... Sad really
Trapped likes to think he is diffrent from all of us Opeth fans by making fun of Opeth.
How about some trapped lyrics?:
"ohhh... If I make fun of the band then people will think I'm cool! I make fun of everything yet I have nothing to show form my own life! I'M NOT GOOD AT ANYTHING!"
Do you buy their CDs? Do you post on their message board? Hmmm... your actions say you like them yet you speak as though you didn't.... Hmmm....

poser?

Hmm... you make fun of Opeth yet you sit at your home posting on their message board while your wasted life passes you by... Sad really
Trapped likes to think he is diffrent from all of us Opeth fans by making fun of Opeth.

:lol:

Well, at least YourDeadGroom found it funny, like it was supposed to be...

How about some trapped lyrics?:
"ohhh... If I make fun of the band then people will think I'm cool! I make fun of everything yet I have nothing to show form my own life! I'M NOT GOOD AT ANYTHING!"

C'mon... you can do better than that... At least mine were entertaining..

First things first, you don't know me, so how can you possibly see what i have to show from my life...??

Secondly, i have played guitar for more than half my life, so that comment about me being good at nothing... well... that was just plain stupid... :rolleyes: Do i need to mention the audio engineer thing? All the demos i've recorded and produced? The fact that i am now giving guitar lessons?? Yeah.. i've got nothing to show for my life... i'm worthless... My life doesn't revolve around impressing you PG... tell me, what exactly do YOU have to show for your worthless life??

You do realize that by flaming me, you are contradicting yourself, right?? That you are proving YOUR lack of life, and YOUR worthlessness, all the things you said in that post, they are all YOU...

...Now, think back a few years... did you have a troubled childhood? Did people pick on you? Yeah, i thought so.

Do you buy their CDs? Do you post on their message board? Hmmm... your actions say you like them yet you speak as though you didn't.... Hmmm....

... Hey, i own all of nevermore's cd's, INCLUDING the DHIADW box, and yet i quite openly confess my dislike for the album... A bit of constructive criticizm never goes astray... At least i am honest about what i think, rather than wholeheartedly swallowing everything a bad releases, simply because they may have realease an awesome album previously.

Dude, you're not even a regular Opeth forum poster, so what's your problem?? No-one ELSE here has a problem with what i posted... As they actually understand teh concept of humour, and they understand exactly why i'm here... I'm not here to suck opeth's cock, i'm here because there are a lot of like-minded people of whom i have regular discussion about OTHER topics away from music... I usually skip this and go straight to the Off Topic, and have a good discussion, or laugh at a few jokes.

This forum and your undying love for opeth is NOT the end of the earth PG... look past your misguided psychopathic stance of music, and look and listen to music for what it is, not WHO it is released by!

-Trapped

This forum and your undying love for opeth is NOT the end of the earth PG... look past your misguided psychopathic stance of music, and look and listen to music for what it is, not WHO it is released by!

I don't think he was defending Opeth or their lyrics. It's just that you're wasting space with your more or less unrelated sarcastic lyrics which really could be spared.

I haven't been on this forum long, but all I've been seeing from you is flames at Opeth and defending yourself from others when they jump in Opeth's defense. But I guess that's why you're on the forums.

So as you said... you should probably stick to the off-topic section.

It's just that you're wasting space with your more or less unrelated sarcastic lyrics which really could be spared.

Deal with it :rolleyes:

I haven't been on this forum long, but all I've been seeing from you is flames at Opeth and defending yourself from others when they jump in Opeth's defense. But I guess that's why you're on the forums.

Bingo. :D

So as you said... you should probably stick to the off-topic section.

Thanks for the tip, mate.

I never left, Pacman... :err:

Yeah, i'm so against opeth that i bought their cd's and coincidentally, i have still life playing at the moment. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Trapped
I never left, Pacman... :err:

Yeah, i'm so against opeth that i bought their cd's and coincidentally, i have still life playing at the moment. :rolleyes:

Trapped thats good and everthing that you like still life, but its fucked up when you come by and ruin a thread by inserting your negativity. Its better when things are positive why do you choose to be negative, let people be how they want, if there is a few that simply adore the band let them be, if theres a few that want to boast day and night on how much they like the band ,who gives a fuck.

Oh yeah, I never said you left what I meant is why do you return to a forum that your not fond of.