Stockholm, Sweden
www.myspace.com
Hey,

Mike said, in the D&D documentary:
"I don't consider myself a great lyricist"

He's joking! I mean he's awesome! For instance, have a look at the lyrics
on Still Life or BWP.

Take any other metal band (except for Metallica which has got some
awesome lyrics), Opeth is clearly one of the best both musically (obviously)
and lyrically!

My favourite album lyric-wise has got to be Ghost Reveries.

Which is yours?

impossible to choose one album that shines over the others. i'd probably have to pick bwp.

"(The) lepers coil beneath the trees, dying men in bewildered soliloqys".... absolutely brilliant!
I'm very much in my Damnation mood lately so for now I would say Damnation (knowing that will change next week or month).
I love his lyrics; they're poems. maybe a great idea for the near future: all of his lyrics in a coffeetable book!

"(The) lepers coil beneath the trees, dying men in bewildered soliloqys".... absolutely brilliant!
I'm very much in my Damnation mood lately so for now I would say Damnation (knowing that will change next week or month).
I love his lyrics; they're poems. maybe a great idea for the near future: all of his lyrics in a coffeetable book!

lyrics in a coffee table book?

:lol:

BWP obviously. Everything on that album is just TEH AMAZING WIN! The title track is the best of them all, lyric and music wise. Caight in unbridled suspense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i think bwp (the song, not the entire album) holds a dear place in my heart.

but as far as going the distance, id say still life or mayh just because they all come together to have some sort of meaning.

tell me how your hearts in need, as i drown you in the sea.

.........there is nothing better.................

Mikael may be the best lyricist of all time. What he writes is not only poetic, but it's very thoughtful. I've almost cried while listening to Deliverance with the lyrics. Mikael is God at guitar, vocals, keyboard and lyrics!