Cubase 6

[UEAK]Clowd;9612654 said:
are you serious? no transparent events? maybe i'll stick with 5 after all...

i was really looking forward to that triplet grid and the new timestretching :(

where did you hear this? WTF

edit: read a little more of the thread, it shouldn't be a big deal. it just means that they probably aren't using open gl to render the view anymore, and they need to make sure they come up with a compatible way of displaying anything transparent using the new graphic coding.

Leaving a couple of empty tracks around like Shadow Walker mentioned works well. That combined with the vertical line while cutting thing is accurate enough. I really hope they bring it back and make it adjustable though. I can see setting something like 40% transparency and just leaving it.

Would you marry me? :worship::worship:

:lol:

the longer i work with c6, the more i love it.

really, tab to transient combined with the group edit function (its not new,
but it works better now) are what really make me love this thing!

im certain now, i can recommend to everyone to go with c6,
for what we do over here its a huge improvement! (although i think
they should have put all the stuff in c5 or at least nuendo 5).

where did you hear this? WTF

edit: read a little more of the thread, it shouldn't be a big deal. it just means that they probably aren't using open gl to render the view anymore, and they need to make sure they come up with a compatible way of displaying anything transparent using the new graphic coding.

meh. i don't know. did you already buy it?

i probably won't until they fix this.

Leaving a couple of empty tracks around like Shadow Walker mentioned works well. That combined with the vertical line while cutting thing is accurate enough. I really hope they bring it back and make it adjustable though. I can see setting something like 40% transparency and just leaving it.

+1 - having the entire region still be colored but slightly translucent to still see the grid while not staring at open, unbounded waveforms like in the transparent event mode would be awesome. My baby blue's can only take so many hours of staring at black-and-white space!

OK I got the update too... Fiddled around a little bit and immediately found the first thing that bugs the shit out of me :cry:

Why is the fade editor window still in the old grey colour and still messes up all my windows, because you can´t put it always on top :cry::cry::cry:

OK I got the update too... Fiddled around a little bit and immediately found the first thing that bugs the shit out of me :cry:

Why is the fade editor window still in the old grey colour and still messes up all my windows, because you can´t put it always on top :cry::cry::cry:

hehe, sags mla auf deutsch, weiss grad acuh nich was du meinst ;-)

I refer to this window

cubasenotesfadeeditor.l.gif

Ahh you're in Winblows. I hated that aspect of Cubase on a PC. The only workaround is to re-size your window to be almost maximized, but never actually maximize it.

Thank god there's no overall/master "Cubase" window in OS X!

Is it me or there are mode fade 'points' ? Still o C4S / N4 here and they got only 4 of those points. Now i can do fades like this ~~~~~~~~ ? :D

Ahh you're in Winblows. I hated that aspect of Cubase on a PC. The only workaround is to re-size your window to be almost maximized, but never actually maximize it.

Thank god there's no overall/master "Cubase" window in OS X!

The strange thing is: It´s fixed for every window except the one FadeIn and FadeOut window! I also don´t get why those two are separate windows... One global fade window would be sufficient. Please Steinberg, please... Maybe in the next update?

Man, you'd think they'd crack down on little shit like this after all this time. There shouldn't even be an 'always on top'. It should just be like that by default, FFS. It's these little things that make me never forget what a pain in the ass, necessary evil it is to be using this DAW.

Have they at least made the 'Enter' key actually bounce in the Export window, rather than exit back to the session?

so i tried elastique pro and its one of the best stretching algos ive heard so far (next to serato pitchntime!)
the old mpex couldnt handle bass (weird glitches, not sustain sounded like crap)
at the moment, i couldnt be happier!

also this thing looks a little more like pro tools to me now. glad they worked on the design.