Cubase 6

i still keep my fingers crossed. otherwise i will switch to cubase and leave this damn overbugged n5 on its own.
can you open n3 projects in cubase 6?

i still keep my fingers crossed. otherwise i will switch to cubase and leave this damn overbugged n5 on its own.
can you open n3 projects in cubase 6?

sure.
you can even open c6 files in nuendo 5 !
glad they made it compatible downwards

My understanding was that the US copies are in transit to the distributor (in CA) - then they will be shipped to vendors.

So probably another 1-2 weeks.

sure.
you can even open c6 files in nuendo 5 !
glad they made it compatible downwards

awesome! so i think there is no real need for nuendo 5 in music production anymore.
is there anything n5 has which c6 has not (apart from the video features)?

awesome! so i think there is no real need for nuendo 5 in music production anymore.
is there anything n5 has which c6 has not (apart from the video features)?

nothing that i would have missed so far...
n5 was more stable than c5,
i have some projects that just crash c5/c6 while n5 AT LEAST gives
me a warning what plugin causes the crash...
thats the only thing and of course the differnt gui.

Can you open C6 projects in C5? I have clients that I know will still be using C5 for a bit, but would like to use the triplet grid/tab to transient/drum quantizing features for their projects.

yes.

nothing that i would have missed so far...
n5 was more stable than c5,
i have some projects that just crash c5/c6 while n5 AT LEAST gives
me a warning what plugin causes the crash...
thats the only thing and of course the differnt gui.

thanks! i think i will switch back to cubase then. steinberg offered me an endorsement a short time ago which i refused because it was only for cubase. i was working with nuendo and really liked it....until i upgraded to nuendo 5. never had any problems with n3 but a lot of crashes in n5. so there wouldn´t be any difference to c6-except for the price. ;)

Guise.
The new vstbridge works great, it seems to runs all 32-bit VSTs, exept Waves due to the shells they use. Eagerly awaiting the 64-bit support from Waves.

EDIT: The Waves plugs work with jBridge ofc, but you lose the VST3 advantages like the side-chaining.
EDIT 2: I take it back, the Slate Digital plugins and 2C Aether doesn't seem to work...

wait you can open c6 projects in c5? thats sick!!!

still wont buy it till they fix the transparent events tho.