Cubase 6

AWESOME!!

Finally "Beat Detective" for Cubase. I just HOPE that they didn't keep the useless quantize features for audio which only lets you go 100%. If that's the case, the feature is useless IMO. Was just thinking about ordering PT9, but guess that one will have to wait! :D

From the screenshots, it looks like there's a "swing" control with a % value... I'm really hoping that can be used to do a % strength quantization like in BD!

Isn't that already in there?
If you make warp tabs and have the audio and channels set to musical mode or similar?

I think all Manley grey sounds best though.. it affects the mathematical algorithm used in the mix bus summing so you get different results depending on what color scheme you're using in your session. It's not intended to work like that of course and they might've improved on the code in C6 but the more colors you use in a session the more it affects the way this big ol' calculator called a sequencer crunches out your audio. Thus, you can get slightly different results from your ITB summing by simply trying out different colors.

i was hoping for all red, everything
so my eyes feel the pain of the music i'm making every night

uuu, sad, no xp support anymore, :(
/rant on
my xp workstion just works too damn good atm, i dont want screw everything, (or buy a new computer) and update to win7 to only to have the newest version of cubase
rant off/

the new features of cubase 6 are looking really good..

if you're that nervous, you could just get a new HDD exclusively for windows 7 instead of overwriting your xp partition, or even just make a partition on your current hdd for windows 7. i did just that a couple weeks ago, loving it myself.

Have been reading up on cubase 6 and im really excited to try it !
Features looks awesome, and I have never used beat detective.. So im interested in how the cubase alternative works.

AWESOME!!

Finally "Beat Detective" for Cubase. I just HOPE that they didn't keep the useless quantize features for audio which only lets you go 100%. If that's the case, the feature is useless IMO. Was just thinking about ordering PT9, but guess that one will have to wait! :D

If I remember right that is the case with the artist version only.

Thank god they dropped support for XP. Seriously will make my job a lot easier when QAing. Absolutely no reason for anyone to still be using XP anyway.

everything looks good, everything i wanted is included

the only thing im worried about is... will you be able to change tempo of the song and have everything in the song adjust, just like protools when tracks have "stretching" or whatever its called turned on

thats available since sx 3.

1.you have to set the track to musical tempo (change the little watch to a note)
2. activate musical tempo in the pool and enter the temo you recorded the track
3. audio (and midi) follows your tempo map

man, youre a cubase power user, and you didnt know that? ;-)

MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME!!!! Now I´m glad I didn´t get PT9

Any news when the update will be available? Price?

thats available since sx 3.

1.you have to set the track to musical tempo (change the little watch to a note)
2. activate musical tempo in the pool and enter the temo you recorded the track
3. audio (and midi) follows your tempo map

man, youre a cubase power user, and you didnt know that? ;-)

wtf!?!?!?!?!?!? FML

Could anyone who orders a C5 to C6 upgrade shoot me a PM? I have some weird circumstances with a semi-academic version (odd upgrade from C4S way back when) and am curious as to how they're handling the upgrade.

I'm not too familiar with Cubase and had a couple questions.
Just an FYI I'm on my phone so browsing around looking for answers has been a pita

Has Cubase ever had a trial/demo version?
All this new stuff looks amazing and I have been really trying to find the right DAW for me that has full vst support.

But as I have tried reapor and haven't fallen head over heels for it I'm afraid I might do the same for Cubase 6 and realize it's not right for me. I would hate to shell out $600 just to try out a DAW to see if it fits my needs and I'm not to keen on illeglly downloading either.

Can someone please tell me that there is a legal way of me demoing it?

Whats with the hype about the group edit? If you highlight the tracks they will edit as a group even in previous versions :

Yeah thought the same.
But it is nice to be able to group them together with just a click.. then you also avoid the odd moments where you suddenly find out you forgot to highlight one of the tracks.