Cubase 6

Does it have a "tape style" editing mode? So if I drag something and drop it over something else, it deletes what's behind it, ala Pro Tools? I know there is the function to "delete overlapping events" or something but that is retarded, I am not manually running that command every single time I move an object. I want to drag stuff around, last touched thing stays on top and what I see is what I hear.

Other than that this looks awesome, wish I could demo it somehow or even Cubase 5 for that matter, fucking stupid "buy a Syncrosoft key" to demo policy, they should really just switch to fucking iLok.

Whats with the hype about the group edit? If you highlight the tracks they will edit as a group even in previous versions :

The security of not having them ungrouped by an accidental click on a region of audio, and not realising untill you've edited a verse and saved....... not that it's happened before.

Given how glitchy Variaudio was in C5 compared to standalone plugins (even for the simplest of pitch correction), isn't anyone else concerned about the effectiveness of C6 "beat detective" for use in the real world?

Does it have a "tape style" editing mode? So if I drag something and drop it over something else, it deletes what's behind it, ala Pro Tools? I know there is the function to "delete overlapping events" or something but that is retarded, I am not manually running that command every single time I move an object. I want to drag stuff around, last touched thing stays on top and what I see is what I hear.

Other than that this looks awesome, wish I could demo it somehow or even Cubase 5 for that matter, fucking stupid "buy a Syncrosoft key" to demo policy, they should really just switch to fucking iLok.

Thought we covered this, man. Check the preferences, there is a permanent check option for it to behave this way.

Thought we covered this, man. Check the preferences, there is a permanent check option for it to behave this way.

Ah ok, the way you guys described it in the other thread made it sound like it was an operation that you ran after the fact to remove the overlaps. I would've learned for myself that that isn't the case if it was possible for me to demo it but unfortunately not! :/ I hope to try out C6 at some point, sounds like a winner...

I think in previous versions you just did an upgrade from the educational version to the next version, but the new version won't be educational anymore.

Eh, what? What is your source for that statement? I know another guy on a swedish forum that sell Cubase among other stuff and he has already the EDU6 version for sale on his site.

The fact that they didn't include a window management system the way Wavelab 7 has pisses me off, also the fact that still you can't have inserts and sends in the same mixer view. I was considering of switching to REAPER for those 2 reasons before this version hit the news.

Besides those two things that are being requested for ages and Steinberg simply doesn't listen, everything else looks cool and I think I'll upgrade once the 1st maintenance update rolls out (or if I hear it is steady in 6.0).

Also wondering if they fixed REVerence and the font issue, does anyone know?

I see. Then I guess your best bet is to set shortcuts for:
Views: Sends
Views: Inserts

I prefer using the inspector though.

I have my copy!!!!
will report wednesday, and for all xp users how it runs!
stoked about the drumediting feature!

Looking forward to hear if it's at least functional on XP. I'll be moving to W7 eventually, but it will be a little bit before I can.

I have to build a new workstation before that happens.

Hoping this thread attracts enough Cubase users to answer this question.

Let's say I've got a mono vocal track, and I want to do a stereo reverse reverb effect leading into it. How do I make that reverse reverb effect stereo? If it's a mono audio region, even if I duplicate it over to a stereo track it still creates a mono reverb effect when printed!!

Hoping this thread attracts enough Cubase users to answer this question.

Let's say I've got a mono vocal track, and I want to do a stereo reverse reverb effect leading into it. How do I make that reverse reverb effect stereo? If it's a mono audio region, even if I duplicate it over to a stereo track it still creates a mono reverb effect when printed!!

I'm not sure specifically how I would do that in that situation. I would probably duplicate the vocal to two separate mono channels, pan them hard left and right, and bus them to a stereo bus and put the stereo reverse reverb on the bus.