Cubase 6

I'm not too familiar with Cubase and had a couple questions.
Just an FYI I'm on my phone so browsing around looking for answers has been a pita

Has Cubase ever had a trial/demo version?
All this new stuff looks amazing and I have been really trying to find the right DAW for me that has full vst support.

But as I have tried reapor and haven't fallen head over heels for it I'm afraid I might do the same for Cubase 6 and realize it's not right for me. I would hate to shell out $600 just to try out a DAW to see if it fits my needs and I'm not to keen on illeglly downloading either.

Can someone please tell me that there is a legal way of me demoing it?

I think ,with Cubase 5 at least, that you could demo the products but had to buy a USB authorisation dongle (similar to iLok, though I haven't used one) and then when (if) you bought the full version after the trial, the cost of the dongle would be compensated for. But if you didn't like it....well then you don't get your money back which defeats the purpose of a demo really.

For those that have the studio version there will be no upgrade to the Artist version. But the price will be lesser than it was before upgrading from the studio version to the full version.

Awesome guys, thanks for all the info!
To me it's not a big deal if it's C5 I just want to be able to get the feel of the workflow. I'm assuming that 5 and 6 will be very similar in controls and that's all I really want to demo

Very this.

That said, I don't get round to nearly as much music making as I should on my Cubase 5, so until I can both afford and justify an upgrade I'll be sticking with v5.

Hey man C6 has a triplet grid. It's been mentioned many times in this thread already ;)

I don't think it's even shipping for 2-4 weeks, so advertising a download option would be stupid if you couldn't download it immediately.

I think it IS shipping. A couple of guys at the KRV forum and GS already got it. Dunno if they got it some other way, tho'.