custom snare sample (joey sturgis snare 1)

didn't mean to start a fuss with the whole flam method... ;: \

but thanks for all the input!

i think the full-velocity/med-velocity works best (for me). i am remaking the whole collection in kontakt so i will be able to use it as a direct plugin host for drumagog 5 (when it come out)...

so i am going to use the hard/med for flam-multis.

viva la sturgie samples!

i don't know, 5 dollars seemed to be the magic number.

this is actually under-pricing. :zombie: i make drum-multis of every band i record and just the TIME (alone) that is consumed to prepare these samples for post is worth WAY more than $5 meezly bucks! :err:

sometimes, i will even express my distaste of having to go through this process and plead for some other engineers to go out of their way to start a business and sell THEIR multi-samples & gog files. :dopey:

so far i have managed to use every sample from joey's collection, minus the subdrop (but still bought). i don't engineer metal/metal-core or grind... just a pop-rock engineer. :tickled: and this shit is priceless to ME!

ps. i have re-couped 10x the money i have spent on these samples in sessions for pop-music.

(all of which joey is being credited for). :cool:

so thanx, homie!

this is actually under-pricing. :zombie: i make drum-multis of every band i record and just the TIME (alone) that is consumed to prepare these samples for post is worth WAY more than $5 meezly bucks! :err:

sometimes, i will even express my distaste of having to go through this process and plead for some other engineers to go out of their way to start a business and sell THEIR multi-samples & gog files. :dopey:

so far i have managed to use every sample from joey's collection, minus the subdrop (but still bought). i don't engineer metal/metal-core or grind... just a pop-rock engineer. :tickled: and this shit is priceless to ME!

ps. i have re-couped 10x the money i have spent on these samples in sessions for pop-music.

(all of which joey is being credited for). :cool:

so thanx, homie!

Thanks guys

Yeah the alt snares could easily be made into ki instruments

I'll see what I can do. I'll have to come up with some sort of solution for rolling out updates to current customers.

excited to pick these up this week. these are so worth the money. i prefer the last snare over any slate snare.

question, cymbals were WCAR 2009, what are the drums? were the samples just played by Eric? his kit?

excited to pick these up this week. these are so worth the money. i prefer the last snare over any slate snare.

question, cymbals were WCAR 2009, what are the drums? were the samples just played by Eric? his kit?

Custom sample product line

Snare1 = jerod of miss may I truth brass snare 2010 [released] (non apologies are for the weak)
Detuned toms = jerod of miss may I truth kit 2010 [released] (non apologies are for the weak)
Truth custom black and gold = Eric of we came as Romans in 2010 [released] (non to plant a seed)

To plant a seed cymbals = Eric of we came as Romans 2009 [not released yet]
To plant a seed drums = slate

I am abomination cymbals = Eric of we came as Romans 2009 [not released yet]
I am abomination drums = slate

Apologies are for the weak cymbals = jerod of miss may I 2009 (not released yet)
Apologies are for the weak drums = slate (different)

Joey, what the difference of the Truth custom kick&snare with the term : alt, alt2 and the other ?
and do you think if it's possible to create the nkm files of snare1 and the detuned series ? it would help me a lot :)

The exact difference is that I made three attempts starting from scratch each time to mix The samples. The three different versions is the result of each.

Are the cymbals on the new APFP that Brian mixed samples from a new session? Or are they reused from another album?

Those are new samples, from aaron's set. I am releasing those too. They sound really good. I think the 192 convertors helped there a bit actually. I'm stoked on them. I actually need to drag them off the Mac so I can use them too haha.

Custom sample product line
To plant a seed cymbals = Eric of we came as Romans 2009 [not released yet]
To plant a seed drums = slate

I am abomination cymbals = Eric of we came as Romans 2009 [not released yet]
I am abomination drums = slate

Apologies are for the weak cymbals = jerod of miss may I 2009 (not released yet)
Apologies are for the weak drums = slate (different)

So your saying the all the cymabls and drums used for to plant a seed and for the new I am Abomination were the same?

Joey do you ever mix cymbals from different sessions with ones in the current project you are doing?

say you dont like the current drummers china, do you just swap it out or does that not sound as good cuz of different mics/pres/converters/placement ect ect.

Joey do you ever mix cymbals from different sessions with ones in the current project you are doing?

say you dont like the current drummers china, do you just swap it out or does that not sound as good cuz of different mics/pres/converters/placement ect ect.

Yes, I mix and match all the time.

Most of the time you can't tell after mastering.

Yes, I mix and match all the time.

Most of the time you can't tell after mastering.

yea, thats what im doing with the samples you put up on your site.

didnt like erics right crash and china, but love the left A custom

and the drummer im doing right now has a dead left crash, but i really like this drummer's A custom and china so it worked out perfectly for me and it sounds fine, couldnt tell a difference

are you guys using these cymbal samples to 'fly over' your originals or are we talking straight programming here?

are you guys using these cymbal samples to 'fly over' your originals or are we talking straight programming here?

both for me.

the project im currently working on mixing them in with the originals

but the next project is being 100% programmed (the band is sending me midi tracks before they fly out here)
so those will be programmed

what's your guys' process/workflow for cymbal dropping over live OH's in Cubendo?

Programming I easily see, but I don't quite see how one would go about this... seperate tracks for cymbals your dropping in and just copying pasting wavs?

hmmm... I may pick this set up if I could get some clarification on this...

Those are new samples, from aaron's set. I am releasing those too. They sound really good. I think the 192 convertors helped there a bit actually. I'm stoked on them. I actually need to drag them off the Mac so I can use them too haha.

Yeah, they sounded great on the song I heard. kinda wish he mixed the drums a little higher though

Can't wait for you to get all these cymbal packs up... I think they'll really help give some extra life to programmed drums.