custom snare sample (joey sturgis snare 1)

hats off for this ! some of the most realistic sounding cymbalsamples ive heard.

might be because they sound like im used to hearing cymbals - in a small/mid sized dry room. i think a lot of people will love this!

great job dude !:wave:

I can set different velocities for every other piece of the kit but for that cymbal i get just 1 sample. In Cubase for ex. if I set velocity at 127 or 1, it doesn't affect the dynamics, so kontakt plays the same sample (a hard hit i guess)

I will look into it. The problem is, these aren't locked. So people could easily remove a sample and the whole instrument wouldn't work correctly.

These new cymbals sound great, dude. Will be buying them tomorrow.

How many more cymbal packs are on the way? Two, right? Miss May I and We Came As Romans?

I can set different velocities for every other piece of the kit but for that cymbal i get just 1 sample. In Cubase for ex. if I set velocity at 127 or 1, it doesn't affect the dynamics, so kontakt plays the same sample (a hard hit i guess)

Hey you might want to recheck that bro. There's actually no volume modulation controller on there on purpose. There's a hard and medium hit. Each with 6 random multi samples. This was done because you'd never get actual recorded volume playback with volume modulation. Sounds complicated but it lowers the RMS. So you have the option to hit it hard or medium, and I think for that cymbal, soft as well. Those are actual recorded velocity, so it's better than being slightly ripped off by a simple volume adjustment.

Will do.

You have any specific tips on processing them? Just some compression and EQing? You still use Dominion for extra sustain?

I recommend a hi shelf boost to taste with the mix

And a compressor to control dynamics

It will help smooth out the programming / performance, and also give the cymbals a bit more sustain. This what they are intended for. The cymbals have no sustain or transient modification so that the end user can have more freedom with the mix.