custom snare sample (joey sturgis snare 1)

Man, going through and trying to create a Slate drums/Sturgis cymbals hybrid multi kit in Kontakt 4 is a total pain in the ass. The output routing for the SSD multis/instruments is all fucked up and needs to be fixed. It's really irritating that they still have bugs like that when SSD has been out for so long... and yet Joey's multis/instruments work with no problems whatsoever...

Man, going through and trying to create a Slate drums/Sturgis cymbals hybrid multi kit in Kontakt 4 is a total pain in the ass. The output routing for the SSD multis/instruments is all fucked up and needs to be fixed. It's really irritating that they still have bugs like that when SSD has been out for so long... and yet Joey's multis/instruments work with no problems whatsoever...

the best thing to do would be to use one midi track, create your own drum map, and send that midi track to two vst's (kontakt player for SSD, kontakt 4 for my library)

on the midi track, assign a "midi send" to the second vst

make sure every instrument is in omni mode so that it will recieve midi data no matter what (unless you want to seperate things with channels, which is really unecessary for drums)

worst case scenario, you could always have two midi tracks with "in-line" editors active (midi notes on project sheet)

Hey, I guess i did not explain clearly the problem so:

This how i set velocities in cubase

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/367906/hm.jpg

This is the result:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/367906/LEFTCRASH%20EX.wav

As u can hear the hit remains the same and since this doesn't happen with the other instruments, i say there's something wrong with kontakt scripts.
Can u check this please? or send a working .nki for left crash?
p.s. i did not mess with Kontakt, this is what comes out after extracting the archive

the best thing to do would be to use one midi track, create your own drum map, and send that midi track to two vst's (kontakt player for SSD, kontakt 4 for my library)

on the midi track, assign a "midi send" to the second vst

make sure every instrument is in omni mode so that it will recieve midi data no matter what (unless you want to seperate things with channels, which is really unecessary for drums)

worst case scenario, you could always have two midi tracks with "in-line" editors active (midi notes on project sheet)

I got it all set up in one instance of Kontakt 4 and fixed all of the SSD outputs and then saved the kit I made as a new multi.

rolled off from around 450 hz down, boosted the high end a bit with a high shelf, and slapped on the ssl channel stereo comp and the cymbals are sounding awesome. really, really good... You might want to post a sample with them processed on the store. These are much more realistic sounding and "album-like" (for lack of a better description) than SSD or any of the Toontrack samples I've ever used. I think I'll probably end up buying the other sets too just to have more variety. :]

yeah problem is i dont have time to make them

so if any of you are feeling generous, help me out...

i'll hook you up with some sample store cash for purchasing more stuff if i use what you make

Hey, I guess i did not explain clearly the problem so:

This how i set velocities in cubase

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/367906/hm.jpg

This is the result:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/367906/LEFTCRASH%20EX.wav

As u can hear the hit remains the same and since this doesn't happen with the other instruments, i say there's something wrong with kontakt scripts.
Can u check this please? or send a working .nki for left crash?
p.s. i did not mess with Kontakt, this is what comes out after extracting the archive

sorry to drag this on, but what happens when you do this exact same thing with the right crash? can you post an audio example for that?

i'll hook you up with some sample store cash for purchasing more stuff if i use what you make

is this limited to drum sampling? :err:

can we make other useful production elements? ...ie. your subdrop.

...another example would be production-vacuums/stings.

- rev snares/cymbals
- cymbal rises

etc...

cause that would be THE SHIT!

huge props on the dreaming heavy samples they are the most realistic cymbals samples I have ever used out Slate, Metal Foundry, the original DKFH, S2.0, Addictive Drums, and BFD. You have surpassed them recording in your dinning room your really on to something with these!

dude, i'm on vacation from the 5th thru the 11th...if you want i can totally come over there and help bust out some sampling, or do some here if you have any drums/cymbals available for me to borrow for a day or 2

drop a PM my way if you might be interested...

dude, i'm on vacation from the 5th thru the 11th...if you want i can totally come over there and help bust out some sampling, or do some here if you have any drums/cymbals available for me to borrow for a day or 2

drop a PM my way if you might be interested...

Word. Unfortunately I'm working with asking Alexandria right Noe and the rest of my sample releases just need to be scripted.

See you at sweet water?

goooooooooooootcha...i totally took your post to mean you were looking for some help in recording some more actual samples!

and yes, i'll def. be there @ sweetwater!