custom snare sample (joey sturgis snare 1)

Was this done with/in kontact or with something else, i.e. drumagog etc?

Yeah all Kontakt for the overheads, I actually took some lows out, added a bit of highs and a touch of comp. But ill re-up the clip without any of that. Couldn't tell on my phones :( Drumagog on the kick obv though :lol:

Sound

EDIT: Clips re-upped with no futher processing on the cymbals.

Killer stuff Joey, just what ive been looking for.

Yeah all Kontakt for the overheads, I actually took some lows out, added a bit of highs and a touch of comp. But ill re-up the clip without any of that. Couldn't tell on my phones :( Drumagog on the kick obv though :lol:

Sound

EDIT: Clips re-upped with no futher processing on the cymbals.

Killer stuff Joey, just what ive been looking for.

you still need a compressor

there's no way to pre-mix in the way a compressor will react to the performance you're programming in

you'll be missing out on lots of sustain and blend between the cymbals without the compressor, which is absolutely crucial

you still need a compressor

there's no way to pre-mix in the way a compressor will react to the performance you're programming in

you'll be missing out on lots of sustain and blend between the cymbals without the compressor, which is absolutely crucial

Added some SSL on the links now.

just heard the new miss may i.. dude, sounds huge.

i have a question with the snare. i have to say i fuckin love the reverb on it. is it only a slate z4 or mixture with a reverb thingy or wha?

:popcorn:

Hey joey, these cymbals and drums will show up in kontakt just like the slate ones do? So theres no replacing (drumagog) needed?

It says what they come with right on the page descriptions. Kontakt files and wavs. If you have Kontakt, you can use the Kontakt files, and you can use the wavs for whatever you want.

just heard the new miss may i.. dude, sounds huge.

i have a question with the snare. i have to say i fuckin love the reverb on it. is it only a slate z4 or mixture with a reverb thingy or wha?

:popcorn:

it depends, because the snare is going through automation

sometimes its a mixture of 3 snares, sometimes 2, and other times 1

but to make all the possible combinations, you'd need the Joey Sturgis Snare 1 which is the loudest and hottest snare in all possible combinations, then a slate z4 sample, triggering SAME velocities as original snare performance (crucial to get this right), and then a reverb mixed snare

in the mix, these combinations are all made via automation of volume between the three depending on whats happening. there's also some pitch modulation going on in some of the reverb snare automation, making the snare seem lower and heavier.

it depends, because the snare is going through automation

sometimes its a mixture of 3 snares, sometimes 2, and other times 1

but to make all the possible combinations, you'd need the Joey Sturgis Snare 1 which is the loudest and hottest snare in all possible combinations, then a slate z4 sample, triggering SAME velocities as original snare performance (crucial to get this right), and then a reverb mixed snare

in the mix, these combinations are all made via automation of volume between the three depending on whats happening. there's also some pitch modulation going on in some of the reverb snare automation, making the snare seem lower and heavier.

and is there any chance for telling wich are the snares that you combine or its secret? :)