custom snare sample (joey sturgis snare 1)

so im assuming that the version of kontakt that came with SSDEX is only for SSD and isnt the full version?

(saw on the sight the full version is like $400 or sumthing...damn)

I might have found a loop hole but I have no way to test

Basically I make these instruments starting out with battery 3

I load those into kontakt and tweak from there. Essentially you can change all of the same settings in both workspaces, I just use kontakt cuz its easier to adjust things like per sample volume and velocity layers

I could do all those same things in battery

So it now comes down to finding out if it's possible to run a battery kit in kontakt player without the 30 minute limitation. Since I own full versions of all this software, I cannot install the kontakt player to test this out.

Does anyone know if you can run a user made battery kit in kontakt player without demo limitation?

EDIT: dug out my old laptop to see if i can test this theory.

dammit!

did you ever find out how much it would cost you to make a kontakt library thing like slate did and sell it?

dammit!

did you ever find out how much it would cost you to make a kontakt library thing like slate did and sell it?

so far no answer

they don't have a automatic system for developers. so there's no site to go to, sign up, pay, and receive license package of any sort. instead its, "guess who to email and hope for a reply" type of thing.

on the other hand, i'm pretty sure you'll be able to run a battery 3 instance per instrument, for free. the problem there is, battery 3 isn't free.

so there's just no way around it. it would be much easier for me to just sell the wav files. but there's a million people who have no clue how to setup a fully working multi-sampled hi hat in kontakt. i do, but it will only work for people with the full version of kontakt.

Got 'em. They sound great and I'm looking forward to the rest and especially kontakt mapping. I hope you're going to record other positions, chokes, sidestick etc. There was another guy who started off with just simple drumagog replacement and look where that went. $$$4 u

Got 'em. They sound great and I'm looking forward to the rest and especially kontakt mapping. I hope you're going to record other positions, chokes, sidestick etc. There was another guy who started off with just simple drumagog replacement and look where that went. $$$4 u

Yeah we will offer all you have mentioned.

With cymbals, we always have chokes.

anyone make any mixes with this snare yet?

Hey joey do you have any compression on the snare in your clips or is that raw?

It is compressed with a 1176 plugin from uad

The entire sample is premixed and has room and overheads micas baked into the sample (which is why it is in stereo). It's already sweetened and maximized for throwing in a mix and running forward.

I never plan on posting unmixed samples. They are pointless and time consuming in my opinion. If the demand is high then I'll bounce them raw but I really think that's like showing someone a medical diagram of a horse when you could just jump on and ride. (that's what she said)

I think you miss the point. There were three toms built for this drum set. Therefore there are three recorded. And for your info, I've been recording bands for 7 years and never hand anyone with 4 toms lol. I'm not saying you don't need four toms, but I am saying this specific pack isn't the pack for you. And when I meet someone with four toms, I'll have a four Tom pack for you!

It's no big deal. I thought a pretty decent number of bands use 3 rack toms and 1 floor tom though? I'm not a drummer. I've always just written music with 4 toms in mind when I program. That could change though...

Joey: So are you saying you will stop selling WAVs? I plan on using these with TRIGGER once the Instrument Maker comes out, but only snares/toms/kicks, no interest in the cymbals really. Or were you saying no WAVs for the cymbals?

Joey: So are you saying you will stop selling WAVs? I plan on using these with TRIGGER once the Instrument Maker comes out, but only snares/toms/kicks, no interest in the cymbals really. Or were you saying no WAVs for the cymbals?

I'm pretty sure he said he'd be including wavs for everything, whether or not they come with .gogs, .nkis, etc.

It's no big deal. I thought a pretty decent number of bands use 3 rack toms and 1 floor tom though? I'm not a drummer. I've always just written music with 4 toms in mind when I program. That could change though...

Actually, most of the bands that our band has shared a stage with have either used one rack tom and one floor tom, or two rack toms and one floor tom. A select few have used one rack and two floor toms.

No where have I ever said no wavs

In fact I'd rather just sell wav only

We will ALWAYS offer the wav files

anyone make any mixes with this snare yet?

I've been using these samples in the miss may I cd, sounds great. I can't decide on releasing these cymbals or the last miss may I cd cymbals first. The hi hat samples for this cd are really basic, so no choke, tip, or pedal samples on this very specific pack I just made a few days ago, But the last cd is complete I think.

I was thinking, if I release a less featured cymbal pack first, everyone will think all my cymbals are going to be that way, when that is far from the truth. So I should probably release an older sample set first. But the older sample sets weren't recorded with neumanns, even tho they sound amazing.

Future sampling session will revert back to recording every nook and cranny of the kit like I have always done, But this current cymbal set I'm using on miss may I new cd is not as fully featured as the other sets i have already made in the past.

Its soo awesome you put a bass drop on there. Ive been dying for a good one. buying it right now

It seems like bit much for ONE sample, I mean I make my own sub-drops for free, how is this one sample going to be so much more "special"?

I'm not trying to start shit up here, but for this one sample, you could get your whole snare samples collection...

It seems like bit much for ONE sample, I mean I make my own sub-drops for free, how is this one sample going to be so much more "special"?

I'm not trying to start shit up here, but for this one sample, you could get your whole snare samples collection...

First off, not everyone knows how to make one or wants to make one. It's a high demand sample, and a lot of people have even expressed interest in having mine specifically. I'm not claiming that it's better than yours, or anyones for that matter. It's simply a finished well working "fits in the mix" sub drop for anyone to own. Producers, touring drummers, and even djs can all benefit from being able to use a time tested sample that has worked so well in my mixes in the past 3 years.

Maybe this product isn't for you, but it's selling really well already and it was just released this morning. So apparently it's the right product for a lot of other people. Its hard to see it from that angle when you can make your own, but the people who buy it aren't all experienced engineers, or are experienced and want more options.

I mean, you could go make a snare sample set too... Or you could buy it.