custom snare sample (joey sturgis snare 1)

just bought the toms, sounding amazing.

Using them these next two weeks for this bands EP, should be a sick blend with the drummer's truth kit and these samples.

Been using the toms in a production finally

I've found a few tweaks to make them fit better in the mix

On the detuned toms I apply this eq using waves r-eq

Gain -3
Frequency 125
Q low shelf

Gain -6
Frequency 400
Q 1.0

That helps control the low end on rolls and takes a little more box out of the coated heads.

And then I apply a +3 db @ 8 kHz with a Q of 1 for a little more attack seeing as how they are coated heads and the softer hits tend to get a little lost on crazier fills.

These toms really sound great when parallel compressed to. Really brings out the room mic that's baked into the sample.

Are you gonna be selling your mastering chain preset as well? :p Cause ill buy that!!! Just messing.

Im planning on buying this snare, what do you suggest doing to it to make it sit better in the mix? (Like the tips you gave for the toms i mean)

Are you gonna be selling your mastering chain preset as well? :p Cause ill buy that!!! Just messing.

Im planning on buying this snare, what do you suggest doing to it to make it sit better in the mix? (Like the tips you gave for the toms i mean)

On the snare I'm finding it needs a little mid tweak. I like to subtract -6 ish at 1000 hz ish at a narrow q of something like 3

Depends on your mix tho.

As always, reverb helps. I'm using mine in combination with a slate room sample and it sounds great!

Those toms sound pretty nice. Really wish there had been 4 of them! I like the sound of them, but 3 toms is a little limiting.

Once you have the cymbals for sale, will there be an easy way to have your cymbal instruments and slate's drum instruments together in one instance of the full version of Kontakt? We can use the slate .nki files in the full version of Kontakt, right? If so, that would be great... I can get away with the slate drums just fine, but have never liked the cymbals. With your cymbals replacing Slate's, I wouldn't even bother with Superior/Metal Foundry anymore... just 100% kontakt

If you ended up with a Sturgis Kontakt player, I'm guessing we'd just need to run one instance of that for cymbals, and one instance of Slate's Kontakt player for the drums? It would be nice to be able to be able to set it all up in just one instance of Kontakt.

^^^ exactly, since i bought the EX deal of slate im loving the kontakt player and programming drums. the only use i would have for the samples now is if i can make a custom kit in kontakt with a mix of your drums and slate drums. and i realllllly want your fuckin samples!

balls, im gonna have to wait a week until i put 2 more dollars in my paypal so i can buy the tom package :( Just to let you know joey, when you go to the tom pages, it still says," Click HERE to hear a sample of the snare and for pictures!" You might wanna change that to toms and kit

I can make the nki files no problem. You'll even be able to load them along side other nki files in one kontakt. Only problem is, if you have the free player, the instrument will only work for 30 mins

So I'm trying to see how manny of you actually own kontakt the full version.

Those toms sound pretty nice. Really wish there had been 4 of them! I like the sound of them, but 3 toms is a little limiting.

Once you have the cymbals for sale, will there be an easy way to have your cymbal instruments and slate's drum instruments together in one instance of the full version of Kontakt? We can use the slate .nki files in the full version of Kontakt, right? If so, that would be great... I can get away with the slate drums just fine, but have never liked the cymbals. With your cymbals replacing Slate's, I wouldn't even bother with Superior/Metal Foundry anymore... just 100% kontakt

If you ended up with a Sturgis Kontakt player, I'm guessing we'd just need to run one instance of that for cymbals, and one instance of Slate's Kontakt player for the drums? It would be nice to be able to be able to set it all up in just one instance of Kontakt.

I think you miss the point. There were three toms built for this drum set. Therefore there are three recorded. And for your info, I've been recording bands for 7 years and never hand anyone with 4 toms lol. I'm not saying you don't need four toms, but I am saying this specific pack isn't the pack for you. And when I meet someone with four toms, I'll have a four Tom pack for you!

So I'm trying to see how manny of you actually own kontakt the full version.

so im assuming that the version of kontakt that came with SSDEX is only for SSD and isnt the full version?

(saw on the sight the full version is like $400 or sumthing...damn)