Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

Nah, it ain't fun since Krofius stopped being extreme IF jihadist.

Reactions: eochaid
It's not like they could even blame Jesper leaving for those issues. He didn't write anything on SOAPF and that had none of the problems structurally that SC had, so WTF happened?
My guess. They had no plan. It was just the time to release a new album so they wrote an album. Instead, first should come inspiration, will, and then the hard work.

As for LTM, i have the feeling that all songs would be better just by adding one more minute. The order of the songs also feel a little weird. Holding Your Breath, Rescue Ride, Black Wings and Inside a Lullaby are all songs that start in a very similar way, so they should've been separated.

He still tries, bless him, but you can tell it's getting more and more difficult for him these days. He retreats into the world of COD and tries to forget the brutal reality of N'Flaymz downfall. Meanwhile we just find amusement in it.

Slave was a hardcore defender of all that was Anders, but he's pretty much vanished these days.

Less songs, longer songs = less fillers, better developed ideas = better album.

12-13-14 3 minute songs is almost always a bad idea.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
But I like how Cicko is upset about nothing, and others like CLay-Man sometimes. I'm also willing to know the clown (or troll or whatever) that's hiding inside of Krofius. Seriously, the guy never carries on (carries on? is this correct?) a joke. It's frustrating.

My guess. They had no plan. It was just the time to release a new album so they wrote an album. Instead, first should come inspiration, will, and then the hard work.

As for LTM, i have the feeling that all songs would be better just by adding one more minute. The order of the songs also feel a little weird. Holding Your Breath, Rescue Ride, Black Wings and Inside a Lullaby are all songs that start in a very similar way, so they should've been separated.

It was interesting how few SC songs were in their most recent big setlist. TJR had more coverage :D that has to say something. They should just forget that album exists. At least Battles stuff will sound OK live. SC songs sound as dreary live as they do on CD, and Anders sounds even worse live so the songs are just a total fucking disaster.

I don't think that The Truth sounds OK, be it live or in the CD. If there's one song that I hate is that one.

Yeah, but the N'Flaymz fanbois and gals can jump da fuck up singing "WE ARE, WE ARE WE ARE!!" ... not sure what anybody can do when the likes of Rusted Nail, Siren Charms or Paralyzed are being played, just stand around watching? So much for writing for live crowds... majority of SC is about as energetic as a corpse.

Reactions: A88
At last I (think that I) know what was that about the vocals. They're always almost the same, not in terms of melody lines or lyrics, but in terms of, let me call it structure. He always starts and sings the verses in what I will call a normal voice tone. Then, for the choruses he always sings in what I will call a high voice tone. Music should be more varied. You don't need to raise your voice in order to transmit passion or to highlight the choruses. He seems to be very motivated about them, but it really doesn't matter as long as the melodies are good.

not sure what anybody can do when the likes of Rusted Nail, Siren Charms or Paralyzed are being played, just stand around watching? So much for writing for live crowds... majority of SC is about as energetic as a corpse.

Well, it IS called "Paralyzed"...

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
Jake seems to do better melody wise on the slower, ballad-type songs. Inside a Lullaby, Closure, Black Wings are all good. He sounds fine on Karma and Letters to Myself, too. Seems like in some of the songs he's struggling to get his melodies and vocal pitch in line with the other instruments. Choruses sound the same on many songs maybe because he just couldn't find any other way to do it in the time frame they had. I think if they do another album it'll be a lot better as far as this element is concerned.

He lacks aggression in his voice. And he is trying to mix things up.

So he sings fast or soft and slow in verses and then with full power or going high in choruses..It works fine, but there is just too many songs with the same formula.

If they had a guitarist/singer or bassist/singer to add a little variety or a few growled verses through the album here and there...

He lacks aggression in his voice. And he is trying to mix things up.

So he sings fast or soft and slow in verses and then with full power or going high in choruses..It works fine, but there is just too many songs with the same formula.

If they had a guitarist/singer or bassist/singer to add a little variety or a few growled verses through the album here and there...

Then it'd be a slightly heavier version of Amaranthe with no female singer :D

To be fair I think Jake can learn to use aggression in his voice if he wants to. His voice sounds a bit rougher in Karma and Letters to Myself. If he's sticking with Cyhra and Jesper then he would be wise to try and expand his vocal range a bit. I wouldn't want him screaming but a bit of grittiness would work well.

There's like 2 seconds of grittiness in Muted Life just before the chorus.

Found it "I'm coming to get you" just before the last chorus in Here to Save you.

Yeah, I heard that too. Needs to channel more of that into the next album.

It would be cool if Jesper got a guest screamer or two in a couple of songs though. I'm guessing one hipster wannabe in particular wouldn't be invited though :D