Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

Interesting drumming on Dark Clarity verses. Like something from mainstream music, but fits perfectly.

Interesting drumming on Dark Clarity verses. Like something from mainstream music, but fits perfectly.

I was listening to the drumming more closely on repeated listens and the guy is doing some interesting stuff throughout the album. I think it might actually be why Jake is struggling a bit, as he's having to try to map his vocals to drumming which is a little unorthodox at times :D but it adds something positive to the tracks for sure.

Reactions: eochaid
I am a bit worried about Slave. Last post August 2nd :eek: should we contact police? Or whatever the fuck they have over there... regional farming committee?

Reactions: eochaid
I was listening to the drumming more closely on repeated listens and the guy is doing some interesting stuff throughout the album.

That guy seems like the most competent musician on whole record. Yeah, he can't actually reach the heights and musicality of our favorite drummer-of-the-year Joe, but still, some quality stuff.

In the beginning I was a bit annoyed because he doesn't ever go into full metal mode, just riding simple beat, but his parts are really well thought out and fitting for this kind of music.

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
Krankenwagen!

Black wings should have been the last track on this album. Epic sounding ending with some cool fade out of that last melody.

Yeah I wasn't sure about black wings on first listen, but I've grown to like it a lot. Jake sounds really comfortable vocally and the song flows very smoothly.

Just how cool is the beginning of Here To Save You?

Melancholic acoustics - classic metal riff - ghost notes on drums - "I live with the dream, to master the stars, to gather the oceans and draw them apart..." - "I FOUGHT to stay.... my DREAMS collide..."

It has a great start but unfortunately rest of the song kind of stutters along. Then that stupid electronic bit at 02:48 practically ruins the song. I seriously might try and edit it out, it's so off-putting and out of place.

One of the reviews I read suggested that Closure was about Jesper & In Flames... I'm not so sure. I mean I can draw some parallels between the lyrics and the end of Jesper's time with In Flames, and the song title makes sense in that regard, but I don't think there's anything specifically pointing to that.

I haven't eaten
Drinking and been up for days
I'm walking round in circles with an endless headache
I feel misplaced and [?] back to square one
Our journey has begun, the future we outrun

But you will always be my brainchild of passion

I am the child from the stars
That got lost in the dark
Between heaven and hell
I am forced to live on
I am the cause when you sin
I am the demon you skin
But there is no more tears to beautify
This is my last goodbye

Getting ready to fight, we fight for our lives
We're buried in trenches, while bruising our minds
And every single argument's like walking on glass
Whatever the setback, I'll never look back

So this is how your life's supposed to be?

Between heaven and hell
I am forced to live on
I am the demon you skin
This is my last goodbye

[x3]

I dunno. I mean, a few of the lines maybe could be linked to IF but it seems like a stretch to say that's who the song is definitely about.

I was also thinking the guitar tone in Closure really reminded me of an In Flames album. I was sure it was ASOP, but no, it was fucking Siren Charms again. The tone on With Eyes Wide Open (which, funnily enough, is actually one of the better songs on that album).

One of the reviews I read suggested that Closure was about Jesper & In Flames... I'm not so sure. I mean I can draw some parallels between the lyrics and the end of Jesper's time with In Flames, and the song title makes sense in that regard, but I don't think there's anything specifically pointing to that.

I haven't eaten
Drinking and been up for days
I'm walking round in circles with an endless headache
I feel misplaced and [?] back to square one
Our journey has begun, the future we outrun

But you will always be my brainchild of passion

Between heaven and hell
I am forced to live on
I am the demon you skin
This is my last goodbye

Getting ready to fight, we fight for our lives
We're buried in trenches, while bruising our minds
And every single argument's like walking on glass
Whatever the setback, I'll never look back

So this is how your life's supposed to be?

Between heaven and hell
I am forced to live on
I am the demon you skin
This is my last goodbye

[x3]

I dunno. I mean, a few of the lines maybe could be linked to IF but it seems like a stretch to say that's who the song is definitely about.
I don't think that it is about Jesper. Especially after reading the chorus. The verses could be about Jesper or about almost every person on this planet.

I was also thinking the guitar tone in Closure really reminded me of an In Flames album. I was sure it was ASOP, but no, it was fucking Siren Charms again. The tone on With Eyes Wide Open (which, funnily enough, is actually one of the better songs on that album).
I don't see any similarity but... that's personal.