Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

Well, that was a disappointment. I wasn't expecting a MDM album of course, but nothing special about this one. I like guitar-work, some good riffs here and there but that's it. Music and vocals don't match for me and I can't understand why you guys praising too much.

Btw I know you guys will shit on it but there's a new song which features Anders. Not a metal song but I like it. You can find it on Spotify. It's called The Bloody Beetroots - Irreversible.

Last edited:
Reactions: cutamerc
Oh shut up you hater twats. Jesper is progressing and doing something new and unexpected. What are you, from stone age? Did you think they would do TJR over and over again? People don't move with that kind of music.

:)

Really, how can somebody not like this while liking last two if albums is beyond me. Pure hamster-hipster fanboyism.

Reactions: DE4life
Well, that was a disappointment. I wasn't expecting a MDM album of course, but nothing special about this one. I like guitar-work, some good riffs here and there but that's it. Music and vocals don't match for me and I can't understand why you guys praising too much.

Btw I know you guys will shit on it but there's a new song which features Anders. Not a metal song but I like it. You can find it on Spotify. It's called The Bloody Beetroots - Irreversible.
So you like sc and battles but cannot understand why we like this far better work? If you like plain boring riffs, irrelevant solos and incompetent singers then it's ok.

I don't understand why you guys get this much defensive when I talk bad about Cyhra while you guys shit IF all the time haha. I'll reply you guys anyway but that was funny.

I didn't like the album cause for me vocals are simply boring, I could find thousand bands with the same kind of vocals. It's just not for me and I didn't thought that you guys like boring vocals so that was a big surprise. Guitar work seems good, there are really good riffs here and there like Letters to myself's intro, Here to Save You, Karma and such.

Lastly, can someone tell me since when not liking an album became "fanboyism"?

Boring = not Anders :D

It's funny because I don't think I've seen a single negative review for this album. Universal praise for vocals and guitars. Yet here come Krofius and Ciko, the biggest Anders fanboys ever, and just by coincidence they dislike the album. I'm sure it's nothing to do with Jesper ripping on their hero every so often or Jake making Anders sound like total shit in comparison. Nah, it's just "vocals are boring" :D

Stay chilly guys.

Reactions: eochaid
I don't understand why you guys get this much defensive when I talk bad about Cyhra

Keep on dreaming. I'm not like you :D. In fact, I was ready to not like the album:p
I didn't like the album cause for me vocals are simply boring, I could find thousand bands with the same kind of vocals. It's just not for me and I didn't thought that you guys like boring vocals so that was a big surprise. Guitar work seems good, there are really good riffs here and there like Letters to myself's intro, Here to Save You, Karma and such.

Says the guy who defends the bearded hipster.

Lastly, can someone tell me since when not liking an album became "fanboyism"?

"Fanboy
An extreme fan or follower of a particular medium or concept, whether it be sports, television, film directors, video games (the most common usage), etc.

Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions.

Known for using the phrase
"Object of affection = Best Ever"
However, while people only really say that as hyperbole, fanboys truly believe it."

Fanboy. But don't worry. I know this is not about in flames. This is about Anders. He could literally record himself having a shit and you would still talk about how he has improved his vocals.

It's funny because I don't think I've seen a single negative review for this album. Universal praise for vocals and guitars. Yet here come Krofius and Ciko, the biggest Anders fanboys ever, and just by coincidence they dislike the album. I'm sure it's nothing to do with Jesper ripping on their hero every so often or Jake making Anders sound like total shit in comparison. Nah, it's just "vocals are boring" :D

Stay chilly guys.
That's surprising. I mean, the album is good, but it's not that great as to receive all of those more than positive reviews.

That's surprising. I mean, the album is good, but it's not that great as to receive all of those more than positive reviews.

Yeah I'd agree, reviews do seem a bit overly positive. Album is in the 7.5/10 range for me which is fine, but it's not exceptional. There are a few flaws which drag it down, but it's a really good debut attempt from a new band. If they do a second album and keep the current members together I really do think it could be in the 9/10 or even 10/10 range.

Reactions: eochaid
It’s going to take a little while for me to digest this but it’s definitely a solid 7/10 or maybe a little higher. Solid musicianship all around including vocals, but some parts a bit same sounding. I think they are off to a good start. I hope they can keep the momentum up and get a second album out. Hopefully they don’t just quit for a few years and then come back cold like some project bands. With a more forceful producer even this album could have been an 8 or higher.

All in all this album is super listenable. With In a Flames’ new albums I think to myself “let’s listen to In Flames now”. It’s not something I would listen to randomly. This Cyhra album is something I could throw on at different times and be good with it.

He might be better techincally but I still find Jake's vocals incredibly boring. No depth or anything, they just sound like generic power metal vocals, boring as fuck. No versatility in the album whatsoever. You guys being proclaimed power metal fans it's not weird that you like it a lot and that I don't.

I agree with that, the vocals are capable but generic. With In Flames the newest recordings the vocals are less capable, but less generic (because they are kind of messed up)... although they also get monotonous to me.

Old school recordings and live, Anders is better.

He might be better techincally but I still find Jake's vocals incredibly boring. No depth or anything, they just sound like generic power metal vocals, boring as fuck. No versatility in the album whatsoever. You guys being proclaimed power metal fans it's not weird that you like it a lot and that I don't.

He might be? No, he IS. There's no "might be" about it. Even Anders admits he's not a good singer so just stop.

As for Jake's vocals being boring or generic? Again, no. Not on this album. He's got a nice versatile range and the emotion he brings to songs like Closure is undeniable unless you're deaf.

Ps Eochaid hates PM and I've argued with A88 about it too, so nice try but nope. If this was generic boring PM they'd be the first to call it shit even if I liked it.

Yep, I hate pm. Boring, generic, no depth... For a moment I thought that you were talking about Bjorn's work on battles.

I didn't said it was PM, I was talking about the vocals being power-metally. And the ''might be'' is a saying not literally that ''maybe he is maybe he's not''.

And yes I think the vocals are generic in the sense of you've heard the type of voice a million times already. Maybe it's your cup of tea, it's not mine and that's fine for me. It's good you guys finally came out as a Melodic Pop Metal lovers.

Maybe the problem is that you don't understand English that well so that you cannot express yourself correctly?:p

Hey ciko_gfb, thanks for taking the time to post the Bloody Beetroots/Anders tip. I enjoyed it and it never would have crossed my path otherwise.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Let me think about it carefully...

No. It's definitely you. Unless you're suggesting that de4 has also a poor understanding of the English language.

Black Wings is such a strangely structured song. Tempo switching at a few parts which comes out of nowhere. Song is going fairly slow, then Jesper suddenly let's rip with a shredding solo :D but somehow it works.

Hey ciko_gfb, thanks for taking the time to post the Bloody Beetroots/Anders tip. I enjoyed it and it never would have crossed my path otherwise.

Hey there, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is something different and I like this kind of music as well. With Anders on it, its pretty good. Enjoy it :)

Stay chilly guys.

Actually its not like that. I love Anders's vocals because they're unique. Admit it or not, you cant find anyone sounds similar to his vocals (screams I mean) and I know that he's not a good singer too. Jake's vocals boring because there are a lot of band that have his sound. So that makes him boring. I don't really care if Jesper saying shit about Anders I don't listen songs based on some shit someone says. It's not my cup of tea and I don't get why is it so hard for you guys to understand.

Says the guy who defends the bearded hipster.

Well I don't always defend him. I can say the things I like and I don't like about anyone, I'm judging it by sound not with names.

Fanboy. But don't worry. I know this is not about in flames. This is about Anders. He could literally record himself having a shit and you would still talk about how he has improved his vocals.

Hahah maybe I can say the same thing about Jesper, that you would love anything he does?

That is what reviews about dude and you know it. We all knew that we won't see negative reviews. Didn't we discussed about it when Battles topic?