Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

Chorus on Holding Your Breath is pretty good, one of the most inspired in my humble opinion. His high tones are... well, high. I wonder if he will be able to do the same live.

And the ending melody... simple and effective. Definitely a good song.

Last edited:
I don't see any similarity but... that's personal.

The guitar tone from 00:09 is very recognisably modern In Flames tbh. I thought it was ASOP but now I think it's probably SC. I dunno. I need A88 to come give me some clarity.

I don't think that it is about Jesper. Especially after reading the chorus. The verses could be about Jesper or about almost every person on this planet.

It's fairly easy to make a basic link between most of the song and IF/Jesper, but then it's easy to make links between most things in lyrics if you get vague enough. I dunno. Reviewer sounded so sure it was about IF/Jesper break up, but I'm not really seeing it.

Chorus on Holding Your Breath is pretty good, one of the most inspired in my humble opinion. His high tones are... well, high. I wonder if he will be able to do the same live.

And the ending melody... simple and effective. Definitely a good song.

He can do the same live, as heard in some Amaranthe concerts. Unlike Anders, Jake ain't using ProTools to sing, he can do it himself.

Reactions: eochaid
The guitar tone from 00:09 is very recognisably modern In Flames tbh. I thought it was ASOP but now I think it's probably SC. I dunno. I need A88 to come give me some clarity.

It's fairly easy to make a basic link between most of the song and IF/Jesper, but then it's easy to make links between most things in lyrics if you get vague enough. I dunno. Reviewer sounded so sure it was about IF/Jesper break up, but I'm not really seeing it.

What about this?:

Used to be original,
But now I tremble in fear
I am like everyone else
And that buries me

Is this how it feels
To reach rock bottom
Want to know how it feels to be forgotten?

[Chorus:]
I've become the distance,
I am the sober and irrelevant,
I don't feel part in this,
What is there to believe?

I'm not asking for much, just a moment
A chance to pick up the pieces
Happiness, please, come home

What if it ends right here
How do I change it?
Hoping to find a saviour
I've lost my way

[Chorus]

Is this how it feels
To reach rock bottom
Hoping to find a saviour
I've lost my way

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

it's easy to make assumptions when you know the story :D

What about this?:

Used to be original,
But now I tremble in fear
I am like everyone else
And that buries me

Is this how it feels
To reach rock bottom

[Chorus:]
I've become the distance,
I am the sober and irrelevant,
I don't feel part in this,
What is there to believe?

I'm not asking for much, just a moment
A chance to pick up the pieces
Happiness, please, come home

What if it ends right here
How do I change it?
Hoping to find a saviour
I've lost my way

[Chorus]

Is this how it feels
To reach rock bottom
Hoping to find a saviour
I've lost my way

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

it's easy to make assumptions when you know the story :D

I try to erase ASOP lyrics from my memory. Please don't remind me of them :(

I don't play CoD mate, that's for console plebs. I was just laughing at your 9.5 rating of Karma. Nothing more to it :>

I don't play CoD mate, that's for console plebs. I was just laughing at your 9.5 rating of Karma. Nothing more to it :>

Well, I guess I've laughed enough at you over the years for just about everything, so fine... :D

Krofi-kun is so salty over Jesper releasing something that's so much better than anything N'Flaymz released over the past six years :D "BUT HE SAID MEAN THINGS ABOUT ANDERS :cry:"

Reactions: eochaid
Thanks.

Anyway, album is getting surprisingly positive feedback on Jesper's facebook. I was expected hordes of idiots saltier than Krofius about not getting TJR 2, but all comments are praising the album which is cool. Maybe the TJR Resurrection Crew gave up after realising Jake E wasn't a death metal vocalist.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm playing this album since yesterday almost all the time.

Battles and SC didn't held my attention like this.

Pretty much the only song I dislike is Dead to me.

Agreed. The more that I listen to it the more that I like it. I only miss some more guitar melodies, or the developement of those yet done. Dead to me is a promising song that stays being it, a promise. The guitar is good, vocals not that much, and it needs a epic ending.

I would say that, by now, my favourites are Karma, Heartrage, Letter to Myself and Holding Your Breath.