Dan Swano praises Opeth...again!

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Posted today by the god himself:
--
It´s cool. My girlfriend is obsessed with this album, and I have heard it many times now...and it´s a "grower". It´s still nothing like "Orchid" but Opeth sounds like a new band these days. The final song is excellent and every clean vocal part is excellent, especially the "happy" major key parts...really kick ass...More Major Mike!!!! The "death parts" are too "uncommericial" for my narrow taste. I need a riff I can hum along to, and that has never been Mike´s trademark in riffing... I am so happy for Opeth. I almost cried of joy when I read the Classic Rock review of their Live gig in London. It feels great for me, after all the years of preaching the goodness of Opeth, that finally the world joins in and praise the genius of Mike. If there is one person that deserves this level of fame and fortune in the musicbusiness right now, it´s Micke.... Nuf said.
Ps. l will see them in Utrech in December, so any Dutch people who believe they spot my secret twin in the audience....it´s really me, and don´t be shy...say Hi!!! Ds.
--

Cool, no?

RachelOwnsAllMetalHeads said:
I met him in London a few years ago. He was really nice, despite the fact that his eyes never left my chest.
Weird, he did the same thing to me. I have massive pectorals, though.

Killing Art said:
Sanzen and Rachelownsallmetalheadz, we at the Opeth board need pics of your pectoral regions because their are lots of Dan Swano's here. :D So start sending them.

uhhhhhh...yeah, most girls don't brag about massive pectorals - only buff guys like me do. Seriously, I'm built like a Greek god. I'd flex right now but your monitor would break.

batmura said:
Posted today by the god himself:
--
It´s still nothing like "Orchid" but Opeth sounds like a new band these days.
Cool, no?

Right on the mark, I would add.

Orchid is a sweet album, and Opeth classic... By the time Opeth has as many albums as Jethro Tull or even Camel, I'm sure people will still consider Orchid a classic....

....but Crimson sucks tbh.