Steven Wilson comments and praises Opeth!

Mr Samsara said:
Also out of curiosity, why would you ask?
"Samsara" is the title of a great Tea Party song.

The Tea Party is a Canadian hard rock band that is heavily influenced by Middle-Eastern music. They're quite adventerous & experimental and mix in many different genres of music effectively. A mix of folk, blues, middle-eastern, classic rock, metal, etc.

Their first 4 records are absolute classics. Their last two are not as strong, but still solid.

As I understand it, they've actually had a number 1 hit in Canada. However, don't let that turn you off. Much of their music is light-years beyond the mainstream.

Check out the following tracks:
"The Bazaar"
"Psychophant"
"Master & the Margeurita"

SoundMaster said:
"Samsara" is the title of a great Tea Party song.

The Tea Party is a Canadian hard rock band that is heavily influenced by Middle-Eastern music. They're quite adventerous & experimental and mix in many different genres of music effectively. A mix of folk, blues, middle-eastern, classic rock, metal, etc.

Their first 4 records are absolute classics. Their last two are not as strong, but still solid.

As I understand it, they've actually had a number 1 hit in Canada. However, don't let that turn you off. Much of their music is light-years beyond the mainstream.

Check out the following tracks:
"The Bazaar"
"Psychophant"
"Master & the Margeurita"

Thanks for the info. It sounds really great. I mean, the band sounds like something I may really like. Any idea where I may find those or other tracks to give them a listen before I run out and buy any of their records? By the way, I appreciate all the info people. I really love finding new music, especially the high quality stuff that I find myself constantly listening to and usually defies anything resembling a simple description and is typically shunned by any common folk I may attempt to pass it along to in a moment of delirious "I just got done listening to this great piece of music from this tremendous band" glow... o_O

Man, I am a bit insane, aren't I?

:devil:

spigot said:
That guy is emo.

How does one define "emo" anyway? I have no idea, so I don't know what you mean. I have heard the term many times, but without definition.

Still looking for "Tea Party" mp3's to give them a listen...

Still looking for the link to the comments SW made which inspired the creation of this thread as well....

K. Out. :devil: