Dan Swano praises Opeth...again!

Dan is a geezer.
Still Life > Crimson > Crimson II > the rest of Opeth

Btw. I want to share something "Morningrise" related with you.
As I asked Dan if he sung parts on this album he told me that he didn't do anything on any Opeth album.
But then he remembered that he did a vocal melody.
Here's what he said (with short mp3's):

Markus: And did you do some vocals on the "Morningrise"?

Dan: No. That's another thing. I've never done anything on any OPETH album. And you can torture me, (laughing) or burn me or whatever. No! Mike was really, really way on the fact that I was not gonna do anything. I don't play anything. I don't do anything on any OPETH album.

http://home.tiscalinet.de/nachrodt/claret/dan_any.mp3

Markus: It's only one part. That "Survey the ...."

Dan: I wrote some parts on "Morningrise", I wrote some vocal harmonies. (Singing "Na, na in the forest unknown .." is some part that I actually .. I wrote the vocal harmony, but Mike sung it, so people might think: "Oh, that sounds like he singing." Because it was my part. He was having problems finding the vocal harmony. I was just doing the way I did. I played things on like a flute sound on the keyboard and then, this could work and he just kind of sung it. That worked perfectly, but no, I didn't do anything. Nothing. They didn't allow me to interfere with their magic (laughing).

http://home.tiscalinet.de/nachrodt/claret/dan_sing.mp3

And yes, Dan must be the nicest guy in musicbiz.
And Crimson rules too!

Silent Song said:
Anybody order stuff from Dan directly? I'm confused with how paypal works if he just gives email & prices..

Hey I asume your talking about the Nightingale dvd? I recently got my reply email from dan and I got the same, no mention of how to buy it. I was thinking about sending the money via paypal to his email address, but Im not sure...

The Utrecht gig will fucking rock!!! Maybe Dan will recognize me from the gig Nightingale gave in Arnhem a few months ago (there were only twenty people there, very private show indeed ;)

paypal did not work for me... unless any of you know how I can set up my billing address in the US and my shipping address in the UK. idiot thing won't let me. and the bank won't change my address so easily. gah

Silent Song said:
paypal did not work for me... unless any of you know how I can set up my billing address in the US and my shipping address in the UK. idiot thing won't let me. and the bank won't change my address so easily. gah
You can also send him cash if paypal doesn't work for you.