DAR Forza Quattro in action at FAL

TheDude

Jocke Skog
Jan 8, 2007
Stockholm - Sweden
Yeah, I like it!

It's through Fredriks old Marshall cab. The guitar is my RAN custom 27" baritone with a nailbomb. On another video he plays his Ibanez 8-string.

The tonestack worked really well with the Marshall, EnglXXL and the KranK hybrid 4x12's. Impressive.:headbang:

Edit: The last thing he says is "I gotta get my guitar". ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great ¡¡ also you guitar fucking rocks . Is that constant feedback something easy to get rid off?. Also where you using a boost pedal ?

God damnit not only did they steal my carbon fiber idea but it sounds like my amp too.

I quit.

SOunds YOUTUBE awesome! :D Record some real clips, it sounds really promising!

Didn't have time to do that, but imagine that AFX character with an initial attack that gave your ears a bitchslap deluxe. Almost painful, in a good way of course. :)

We tried it with and without a boost, and we tried the TC pre, Trex Alberta, and a TC booster. All sounded amazing, and Mike G will add something to the amp. Our goal is "no boost necessary" and Mike G is an amazing engineer so I can't wait for the RC. ;)

Man... you have a very economical right hand for tremolo-picking. It hardly moved.

By the way, what did you mean by this:

but imagine that AFX character with an initial attack that gave your ears a bitchslap deluxe.

We recently had a pretty long-winded discussion on the Axe-Fx forum about the initial attack of the Ultra, and your comment triggered my curiosity.

Man... you have a very economical right hand for tremolo-picking. It hardly moved.

By the way, what did you mean by this:

We recently had a pretty long-winded discussion on the Axe-Fx forum about the initial attack of the Ultra, and your comment triggered my curiosity.

I thought it was Fredrik playing... But whoever it was the hand was barely moving at all, I wish I could play like that :D

That's Fredrik playing. I wish I could play like that too.

Simple AFX fact: guitar signal comes in and get extensive processing. It has to be calculated into distortion. Add one millisecond of gate attack and suddenly the ear has enough time to react. Sounds awesome, but the pain doesn't appear. The tube amp sounds like it does because it's "always ready". No time to react at all, but the sound IS the reaction. I actally prefer the AFX because I can crank it without having my ears complaining. The DAR attack is like playing a lethal weapon though, which is awesome by itself. The next time we'll let the Forza power the AFX. Best of both worlds, I hope. ;)

Didn't have time to do that, but imagine that AFX character with an initial attack that gave your ears a bitchslap deluxe. Almost painful, in a good way of course. :)

We tried it with and without a boost, and we tried the TC pre, Trex Alberta, and a TC booster. All sounded amazing, and Mike G will add something to the amp. Our goal is "no boost necessary" and Mike G is an amazing engineer so I can't wait for the RC. ;)

Nice, have to sell the Axe fx then :lol:!

Keep the Axe my friend! :lol:

This amp is brutal on it's own, (my goal is out of box metal superamp) but was designed for limitless integration possibilities in systems like your Axe. I can list a dozen ways to integtrate the two.

Double bitchslap for sure :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Keep the Axe my friend! :lol:

This amp is brutal on it's own, (my goal is out of box metal superamp) but was designed for limitless integration possibilities in systems like your Axe. I can list a dozen ways to integtrate the two.

Double bitchslap for sure :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sweet I love it when the real deal posts here.

Great sounding amps from what I've heard so far.

What's the price on these things?

Naw, Not too bad for the pocket considering what you get.
Here in the US they list at $3695

Our importer in Europe is Guitars Rebellion
Think they're appx 3700 euro
http://www.guitarsrebellion.com/crbst_139.html

By the way, Wolfemen, I totally did not know of your carbon faceplate idea :lol: Feel free to drop me an email anytime mike@daramps.com ... I never mind talking amp tech to those who are into it. (although some of our IP cannot yet be discussed)

And I feel like a total Idiot for misspeling rhythm on the amp in the photos... Epic mistake for sure. Much better at math I guess :lol:

The amps we are about to ship will incorporate a few items that Jocke was suggesting. That guy is a walking EQ, it was an amazing experience for sure!

By the way, Wolfemen, I totally did not know of your carbon faceplate idea :lol: Feel free to drop me an email anytime mike@daramps.com ... I never mind talking amp tech to those who are into it. (although some of our IP cannot yet be discussed)

And I feel like a total Idiot for misspeling rhythm on the amp in the photos... Epic mistake for sure. Much better at math I guess :lol:

The amps we are about to ship will incorporate a few items that Jocke was suggesting. That guy is a walking EQ, it was an amazing experience for sure!

Hey man, nice to see you here. I hope you stick around and enjoy the stay.