DAR Forza Quattro in action at FAL

Naw, Not too bad for the pocket considering what you get.
Here in the US they list at $3695

Hoooooly fuck - not too bad for the pocket? Sorry dude, you're hitting Diezel prices, and not even those are even remotely worth it for what you get. I'd much rather get a 5150, Rectifier, and a JVM for the same combined price as a single amp with rhythm misspelled on the front plate.

I'd much rather get a 5150, Rectifier, and a JVM for the same combined price as a single amp with rhythm misspelled on the front plate.

That's been taken care of already. I'd say that yeah it's à LOT of money, but it'll be worth it. Kinda like the AxeFx, some people are happy with the V-amp. Others want something better.

I have access to a lot of amps, some in that price range, especially here in Sweden where a Recto has a $4000 pricetag. The ForzaQ does what they do, and then you look at the back and it's another leauge. IMO.

The ForzaQ are made to be incorporated in a studio environment and with rack systems. Check the pic of the back again.

Okay,

Let me correct myself, Yes it's alot of money (especially in Europe), but the features and quality on this amplifier are above the bar to any other amp I know of. (minus misspelling on proto:) )

There's over $300 USD just on connectors, switches, jacks and knobs. Seriouly, we are not making much at all on this amp.

This machine is built to laboratory standard. All Mil Spec Teflon wire and we hand wind and design our own transformers in house.

Our little amp Tuzzia shares similar tone to both the clean and rhythm channel of Forza at considerably lower cost, but lacks most of the connectivity and ball crushing power Forza offers.

>PS, Jocke, I have forwarded my current and new EQ settings to Paul and hopefully you will recieve them soon.

One question for ya dude - how many preamp tubes does the Forza have? I seem to remember from the Tuzzia demo vid that it only had two, any particular reason for so few? Also, could I get a run-down of exactly how many models there are, and what their names are? (just out of curiosity, no way I'll be able to afford one in the next, oh, decade :lol::cry: )

There are 4 tubes in the preamplification portion of the amp. There was no need to add more tubes in the preamp section to deliver this amount of gain. Tubes sound great, but the overapplication of tubes can lead to an inarticulate noisy amp...

We have the Forza, Tuzzia and Superaria. Superaria is a custom job though and we will probably introduce it as a combo in the near future as it incorporates some of our patented tech ideally suited for jazz,blues etc..

Thanks for the info! And I asked about tube quantity since pretty much every well-regarded modern high-gain amp out there has at least 3 pre-amp tubes (not including the PI or FX loop/reverb buffers), but of course at the end the sound is what counts, looking forward to hearing some well-recorded tones in full mixes from these beasts!

I'd say that yeah it's à LOT of money, but it'll be worth it. Kinda like the AxeFx, some people are happy with the V-amp. Others want something better.

I have access to a lot of amps, some in that price range, especially here in Sweden where a Recto has a $4000 pricetag. The ForzaQ does what they do, and then you look at the back and it's another leauge. IMO.

The AxeFX/V-amp bit is a terrible analogy, first of all.

Maybe it really is in another league - I'm still waiting to be blown away. If, under a mic and in a mix, this thing really sounds better than the tried and true amps like the 5150 and Recto, that's one thing, but I've yet to hear one of the giant price tag-carrying amps come in and sound as good, let alone 3-5x better.

All I'm saying is that if you have the balls to charge THAT much for an amp, you really have to be able to back it up.

Maybe it really is in another league - I'm still waiting to be blown away. If, under a mic and in a mix, this thing really sounds better than the tried and true amps like the 5150 and Recto, that's one thing, but I've yet to hear one of the giant price tag-carrying amps come in and sound as good, let alone 3-5x better.

All I'm saying is that if you have the balls to charge THAT much for an amp, you really have to be able to back it up.

+1 - but if Fredrik and Jocke both say this kicks ass, then I bet it kicks ass :D

Sorry to say but the price is ridiculous. The amp costs more than the car I have now:zombie: I´m with Jeff, doesnt sound bad but I prefer a 5150 for half of the price.

awesome seeing you and fredrick testing! so who wins for you guys ?
axe or dar??

I thought your focus on the spelling was just as bad, or in fact worse.

I wrote a very long answer to that and just deleted it, because I realized i was irritated.

Just forget about these "price tag-carrying amps" and use whatever works for you. 5150? Great! Recto? Awesome! Happy shredding!:headbang:

I'm never dissapointed by forums :Smug:
Look, I am not going to say Axe or DAR and who/what is better.

I love the Axe and in no way claim to or want to replace it.
With the DAR you don't need the Axe to get that tone and with the Axe you don't need the DAR. But combined is something special...

The DAR was designed as a standalone metal amp but provides infinite connectivity for stage/studo use as well. Great to integrate into an Axe system.

Think It's time for a beer....