Dark fucking Throne!

Darkthrone are fucking gods. :worship:
Transilvanian Hunger & A Blaze in the northern sky are probably the best BM releases ever.

Under a Funeral Moon would be a good choice, along with just about anything else by them.

They have one death metal album, and it's called Soulside Journey. A Blaze in the Northern Sky has some death metal influences, but it's still obviously a black metal album.

Great band, definitely one of my favourite BM bands.

Best albums I've listened to are Under a Funeral Moon, Hate Them and Sardonic Wrath.

I'll get Soulside Journey next, I'm curious to listen to their DM stuff.

I gave Soulside Journey a couple more listens lately, and I'm still of the opinion that nothing on that album touches the first song, though there is plenty of good material throughout it. "Cromlech" just totally blows me away, while the rest of the songs seem largely indistinguishable from the whole, aside from a few passages with somewhat more intricate riffage.

I'm going to listen to ABitNS again soon. I had a similar first impression of that album, with "Kathaarian Life Code" standing a head above everything else.

I gave Soulside Journey a couple more listens lately, and I'm still of the opinion that nothing on that album touches the first song, though there is plenty of good material throughout it. "Cromlech" just totally blows me away, while the rest of the songs seem largely indistinguishable from the whole, aside from a few passages with somewhat more intricate riffage.

I'm going to listen to ABitNS again soon. I had a similar first impression of that album, with "Kathaarian Life Code" standing a head above everything else.

Maybe the melodies just aren't obvious enough.

Regarding their first four black metal albums, it goes in this order:

Under A Funeral Moon
Panzerfaust
Transilvanian Hunger
A Blaze in the Northern Sky

All are excellent, though.

I'm just judging by what I've seen you say about other bands. If you think it's lame, maybe you shouldn't say lame things.

Or maybe we can just agree that we have different standards for evaluating music. Is that a problem?