DARK TRANQUILLITY newsflash 2004-01-18

well, aside from other surprises tranquillian was referring to, the hard to find material on these re-releases is nothing shocking: the content of the enter suicidal angels mcd, a few outtakes from the world domination live cd, and in all likelihood all the cover songs dt ever released. die-hard fans are probably not missing much of the above.
as for the copy protection thingy, the band is not in favour of it being on the discs, so it all boils down to whether osmose will listen or not.

I was hoping that the "The Gallery" disc would contain the version of "Punish my Heaven" from the WAR Compilation. That's the only Dark Tranquillity track available in reasonable circulation that I've never heard.

Awhile back I sent emails to the band members about this very issue, even offering to buy the imports with bonus tracks directly from the band to lessen the cost for me, and to give the money spent directly to the band. I already have copies of The Gallery and The Mind's I, but I definitely will be purchasing these goodies when they are released.

It is always so great to see a band really take input from fan suggestions.

Thank You!

If any DT members see this, you might remember emails from me as "Ben from Kentucky" a few months ago, and thank you again for your quick replies!

I hope to see you guys on a U.S. tour soon!

Hopefully these will be among the additional tracks included:

"Cornered" (from the "Haven" Toys Factory release)
"The Poison Well" (from the "Damage Done" Toys Factory release)

Nice, a new album sounds great, and the re-releases will definitely make me feel less nervous everytime I bring the gallery or mind's i in my car. I just hope they have a new u.s. tour sometime...I missed it by thinking it was the wrong day last time they came.