Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

I'm torn between running to the front as soon as I get in, and buying merch first. I mean, I have to be at the front, but I also have to get merch while there still is some. Last time I waited until afterwards, the shirt I wanted was sold out.

Also, I very much doubt the Haunted will do an At The Gates track, but it would be awesome if they did.

I'm torn between running to the front as soon as I get in, and buying merch first. I mean, I have to be at the front, but I also have to get merch while there still is some. Last time I waited until afterwards, the shirt I wanted was sold out.

Also, I very much doubt the Haunted will do an At The Gates track, but it would be awesome if they did.

You can be in the front after buying merch, just walk and go through the crowd! :) Easy!

The way it normally is at the NYC shows, you wait until you know the band prior to DT is going to go off stage, and then you shove in as their fans are walking back out for a drink or whatnot. Worked really well the first time I ever saw DT. However, the last time I saw them, way more people charged in than I had expected. Perhaps they wanted good positions for Soilwork afterwards, but still. Quite a few people who knew DT.

Although, still, the best example I ever saw of the charge in didn't even involve a charge, but rather a slow, inexorable push. I remember seeing IF, Soulfly (ugh), and Slayer in NYC. The front was totally barren for IF (comparatively, of course), so I got to rock out my thin-era headbanging. When Soulfly came on, there was such a lack of motion, that the haze of pot in Roseland was starting to get to everyone. It was making the Slayer fans grumpy. Without even realizing it, I was soon staring at a wall, at least 3 deep at all areas, of Slayer fans surrounding the Soulfly crowd. The funniest thing I have ever seen on peoples faces was the look on the faces of the Soulfly fans as their band finished up, and they turned around to leave only to be faced with a mass of unmoving metal fans waiting to mosh. The resulting explosion of movement was so violent I was thrown (I shit you not, my friend literally had to search to find me) fifteen feet to my left, and nearly broke my glasses in the process. I'm pretty sure they made it out alive, but I wouldn't want to be them.

~kov.

I don't like being in the crowd that much ! I love watching a concert, quietly, with a full view. Only exception: DT haha! Me = in front. Me = crazy.

Get your munee ready, boi ;)

That's what I wanted to hear. :p

Be relentless! This is DT FFS! Get your ass up the front. Knock down all who block your path (I'd had much vodka when I saw them... nothing would stop me :lol:)

I don't like being in the crowd that much ! I love watching a concert, quietly, with a full view. Only exception: DT haha! Me = in front. Me = crazy.

I just love being in the pit to much to simply stand back and watch!