Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

Quick question: For any who were at a show where DT played before the Haunted, what time did the doors open, and by what time was DT on the stage? (just the time between those two events would be fine too.)

I'm trying to figure out how early I'd have to get there to not miss DT in a worst case scenario (which is rapidly becoming reality).

~kov.

EDIT: Ok, exaggeration on the 'worst case' above. Basically, I'm gonna be getting in around 8:30 (she couldn't make it by the doors opening), but as a trade-off, I get to buy a flask. :heh: Absolute worst case would be getting to the venue around 9:30, depending on the trains. Anyone forsee any problems with me getting in?

Well, the support slots have 30 minutes, and it takes about 10-15 minutes for the next band to set up. The doors open at 6:00, show starts at 6:30, then the local band/Scar Symmetry opens the show, Into Eternity comes on (unless there's a local band, SS will be up next). Then finally, DT comes on, and plays for 75 minutes. So basically...

Doors: 6:00
Local Band: 6:30
SS: 7:10
Into Eternity: 7:40
DT: 8:40 - 9:00
The Haunted: 10:15

Hope this helps, remember, the schedule can change whether or not a local band plays.

Ok, for some reason I thought the show started at 7:30. Whoops.

Hrm, ok, leaving work now - Earliest I'll be there is 8:30. So, we're talking in a worst case scenario, if DT plays before the Haunted, I miss about half the set. Not ideal at all.

Gonna have to work this out somehow.

If anyone can make me feel better and tell me that DT has actually been playing last for some of these, and probably will tonight, I'll be a happy Kov. If not... ouch. Although Plin said there will be a local band (if I recall right), so that might help).

~kov.

EDIT: Shit, work out - I'm outta here - gotta see if I can swing this train shit well.

Just got back, and let me say this concert wouldve been a shitload better if it was at BB KINGS, this venue, i've never been too and never have i seen any bands play here sucked balls! Every band sounded like shit aside from Dark T which was the only not dissapointment, the first 3 bands all sounded muffled and idn, haunted bored me to tears....and by the time Dt started i was so tired but they put on a great show.

Just got back, and let me say this concert wouldve been a shitload better if it was at BB KINGS, this venue, i've never been too and never have i seen any bands play here sucked balls! Every band sounded like shit aside from Dark T which was the only not dissapointment, the first 3 bands all sounded muffled and idn, haunted bored me to tears....and by the time Dt started i was so tired but they put on a great show.

I agree, the sound at gramercy was AWFUL, i felt so bad for Into Eternity, they got screwed out of what was by them an amazing performance. Even the haunted had awful mixing, thankfully the sound was a bit better for DT... an excellent 3 day weekend, will post pics tomorrow of the shows!

i only thought the sound for into eternity sucked, and that was the fault of their soundman. i liked the venue a lot. i'm not the moshing type so seats were a plus.

dt headlined. the set seemed to have been cut short (ended at midnight):

terminus
final resistance
hedon
my negation
wonders at your feet
lost to apathy
the sun fired blanks
treason wall
endless feed
focus shift
punish my heaven
icipher
damage done
the new build

haunted if anyone's interested

premonition
flood
medication
abysmal
in vein
doa
drowning
trespass?
reflection
all against all
guilt trip
no compromise
hallow ground
fall out
prosecution
dark intentions
bury your dead
hate song

I like the Haunted , but they bored me after about 5 songs. Only Into E had bad sound? did you even hear Scar Symmetry? holy christ was that annoyingly bad, The singer sounded great and can really pull off that range live but the guitars were so low and the drums sounded all echoey

What was the setlist of the Philadelphia show?

I got a setlist to boot. :p [There are people who can attest to this]

The songs played were the same as every other show, except we didn't get Hedon (noticible, because it [is listed, but wasn't played]), nor White Noise/Black Silence, and we got The Lesser Faith instead of Icipher (which is fine with me, as I love the Lesser Faith a tad more), but I wouldn't be suprised if Icipher showed up again.

[] = edit for continuity

:p I guess I forgot to mention it was the Philly show that I went to (even though I was so noobish about it, it was all I talked about). I would like to add that DT was cut off at midnight in Philly as well.

EDIT: I guess I was slightly presumptuous assuming you were talking about DT. I almost got a Haunted setlist, (I was in good location to catch bands' trash, apparently), but didn't, so I have no idea exactly what they played (don't listen to them enough), however the one posted earlier looks correct for the Philly show. I guess if it really bothered you, you could check out the Haunted board, I'm sure they have it posted there.*

*not 100% sure :p

Cant Wait for tommorow show in MOntreal its gonna be awesome as always there! A little question for Montreal resident :Can we bring digital camera and camera to the Medley like a couple of year before ! I see a couple of show there and we always se a lot of people filming and others! If so i bring my camera and film all the show or some song to be able to headbang a bit in the crowd!!!

C some of you guys in Mtl tommorow!

What was the setlist of the Philadelphia show?

terminus
final resistance
NO hedon - curfew
my negation
wonders at your feet
lost to apathy
the sun fired blanks
treason wall
the endless feed
focus shift
punish my heaven
the lesser faith
damage done
the new build

DoC had the setlist, he can correct me if I'm forgetting anything.

Too many good shots (all done by Ughi), a few teasers down here:

dt_nyc07_01.jpg

dt_nyc07_02.jpg

dt_nyc07_03.jpg

dt_nyc07_04.jpg

This was exactly around the corner from the venue (wtf???)

gayman.jpg

More later when we recover, dig through 1300+ shots from three shows and after I watch Talladega Nights ;)

dammit, i didn't think they'd start touring before the album was out :loco: so much for getting a car in time. I guess i have to find a ride, this concert looks too awesome and i've always wanted DT to be my first concert :headbang: :kickass: :worship: :Smokin:

wtf? Anders playing double bass drums:heh:

thanks for the setlists and the great pics!!

Plintus, would you mind if I put your pics on my website? as usual, giving full credit to you (or the guy who took the shots). If so, I'd be interested in the whole photoset :)

thanks

Awesome shots. Looking forward to seeing some more!

Plinneh! You didn't happen to get your hands on any necklaces did you? Or are they still nowhere to be seen?

The NYC show went great. I think the venue was pretty good. Having the seats in the back gives people the option of relaxing while waiting for DT to come on. I managed to snag the last flask shortly after entering the venue, probably around 7pm or so and I copped a Gallery sickle necklace and a hoody for my girlfriend.

The first two bands would have been a lot better were it not for the sound engineer. Whoever he was, he ABSOLUTELY BUTCHERED Scar Symmetry's and Into Eternity's sets. I plugged my ears to better hear the riffs and the music, and I didn't like Scar Symmetry's music at all (although the vocalist is fantastic) and I also didn't care much for Into Eternity.

The Haunted did an OK job but all of their songs pretty much sound the same. There were a few At the Gates-isms here and there and some decent clean riffs, but on the whole they bored me. My girlfriend got the impression that their singer comes from more of a punk background (I have to agree) and he spent most of his time slumped over on the ground howling like a kid with a temper tantrum.

By the time DT hit the stage, the crowd was a bit tired but DT re-energized us. Fortunately, DT's sound man was 100x better than the other bums and they sounded massive, clear, crisp, and amazing. Mikael sounded even more powerful and emotive than he did on Fiction and his vocals have improved to the point of perfection (he had a throat infection during the recording of Projector and I've noticed that his vocals sound slightly different with each release since then).

One thing I noticed is that all the other band members remain almost totally stone-faced throughout the whole show (although I saw Sundin smiling once in a great while, he probably saw a fan make a complete ass of himself in the crowd) while Stanne is very expressive, almost theatrical, in his motions on stage. I was VERY happy that they played Icipher at this show which is one of my favorite songs off Fiction.

So the bottom line is that the show was fan-fucking-tastic! In the future, I hope they change the set list a bit so it's no longer a "best of" setlist appropriate for the first few tours of the U.S. For example, instead of Hedon maybe Insanity's Crescendo, Zodijackyl Light, Tidal Tantrum, or instead of the Sun Fired Blanks maybe On Your Time. And I would love to hear Static live, I think that's such a great DT song and I'm surprised it wasn't on Damage Done.