Dark Tranquillity winter tour

solefald said:
well I got my tickets for their last show of the tour in munich on 21.12..
It seems Im the last one who can report his adventures.
so people tell us what happend on the shows of character
Wo hast du die Karten gekauft? Und wie viel haben sie gekostet. Ich werd sie mir nächste Woche auch holen!
Does anyone know (or suppose) in wich shows DT is the headliner? How long does the full concert last?

nöbi said:
Wo hast du die Karten gekauft? Und wie viel haben sie gekostet. Ich werd sie mir nächste Woche auch holen!
Does anyone know (or suppose) in wich shows DT is the headliner? How long does the full concert last?

hi Nöbi
ich hab mir die im kartenbüro am Marienplatz in münchen geholt, gibts an jedem kartenbüro in münchen, zb. auch im hertie beim bahnhof
kosten leider 20,20€, teuer als ich erwartet hab:yell:
gehst du auch in münchen hin?
I think they play as healdiner about 1h and 30 minutes...

The Bringer said:
Probably 40-50 mins.
They are doing the same length set as chimaira. They are not main support they are co-headliners apparently. Both should get between 60 and 80 mins I expect, with hatesphere doing 30 - 40 mins.

@Siren: I'll be too into the show to be making notes. It's my first time seeing them after all, and I'm the type who likles to blow off steam at gigs. :p

I just seriously seriously can not wait! I really hope the crowd at manchester will appreciate Dark Tranquillity. And Im very very happy to hear they're blasting therein! Need haven though. Or Fabric. Or The same. Or run down. Or feast of burden. Haven's the best album ever.

I'm ill but it's still gonna be great at the academy (2) :p First time for me aswell... its actually the first proper gig i've been to ever so it should be good. Whatever they play, I know its gonna be amazin.

P.S. Look for a guy wearing a really really faded Damage Done longsleeve...

Just got back from the London gig, it was pretty good, but IMO DT were plagued by a crappy sound mix, at least early on in the set in particular. They came out to Hours Passed In Exhile, and you could hardly hear the guitars :( Disappointing.
But I met Mikael!! Can't remember the entire setlist in order, but amongst it was HPIA, Wonders at your feet, zodiackyl light, therein, treason wall, the new build, senses tied, damage done, my negation, final resistance....
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed, I'd been waiting for so long to see DT live, and the sound was not great at all, even though it picked up towards the end. And I really don't like My Negation live...doesn't work for me....rather they played Sun Fired Blanks or something more pacy!
A pic I got of Mikael:
mikael1.jpg

I'd kill for them to come to the bay area on a weekend when my grades aren't F's and im not 14 and my parents aren't assholes and its not at the pound

solefald said:
hi Nöbi
ich hab mir die im kartenbüro am Marienplatz in münchen geholt, gibts an jedem kartenbüro in münchen, zb. auch im hertie beim bahnhof
kosten leider 20,20€, teuer als ich erwartet hab:yell:
gehst du auch in münchen hin?
I think they play as healdiner about 1h and 30 minutes...

Ich werd mir nächste Woche auch Karten für München holen. 20 € geht ja noch. Das X-Mass kostet 25. :err:
I would like to know how long the whole show with all the bands last. Because i must get the last train. (S-Bahn)
@ emjayhaych: In the last tour (support of kreator) i was on the first gig in Straubing and there were also heavy sound problems. I hope they get it until Munich.
So waiting for more reports...
Nöbi.

Was fucking amazing. Every song sounded mint, loads of energy and just too much for me to handle basically. Unfortunately the crowd was anus. There was a bit of pushing and stuff but in between some songs they were chanting for chimaira. This makes me very cross. It seemed like no one down at the front knew who DT even were. Just me my mate and selig, who I saw and had a chat with at the start. Top dude. He too has had a rather insane week of gigs. I think I am going to go to the sheffield gig too, because I took all my album sleeves all the way with me and didn't even meet the band. I spent the entire of Chimaira's set wandering around looking for them just to thank them for coming over and try and get them to sign some of my shiat, but it's like after their set they vanished.

Selig can tell you the proper set as he got the set list, but what I remember was (in no reliable order)

Hours passed in exile
Lost to apathy
Zodijackyl light
Damage Done
The New Build
The wonders at your feet
Monochromatic stains
There in
Senses tied
Punish my heaven
My negation
Final Resistance

Yeah I'm a relatively new fan of DT but I was astounded by how good they were in Manc tonight. I didn't hear the calls for Chimaira but there was a bit of a mini-pit around me... >.< I didn't mind it so much until My Negation when they didn't seem to get the fact that it was a more chilled track. I didn't see why they wanted to mosh tbh.. I always prefer to work on the ol' neck snapping ;)

Edit: for anyonw who was there, I was the only chap of oriental backgraound there

I was about 3 rows from the front on the left side. I heard the fecking Chimaira chants also, really pissed me off. What got me in the mood though was that this person next to me also liked DT and was singing along and stuff, so that made me headbang that little bit more enthusiastically :p. The pits were stupid, full of fucking young teens who like slipknot and korn (and yeah, when they moshed to my negation, that was pretty lame). I looked at people's shirts all night to see how many DT shirt's I could see (that weren't the tour shirts) and I saw about 3 or 4 which kinda disappointed me. The amount of people wearing Chimaira shirts/hoodies probably outnumbered them by about 50/1. As soon as DT finished I just went... bought my shirt, had a quick drink and then went home.