2006 USA/Canada Tour impressions/photos/reviews go here -

Yah I doubt we'll ever see that one done live. (Melancholy Burning)

I've been lurking on the board for some time now, but just finally got around to posting. Been listening to DT since 1999 or so now.

Cyas tonight, if yer there.

Aye, almost a hundred shots from Jaxx show. There's more, but later. A few highlights:

//This will be x-posted

DSC00503.jpg

:D

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00607.jpg

I was right when said Mikael is Jesus :D

DSC00690.jpg

But... hmmm

104534755_dd5dfe2a3d.jpg

:D

Easter egg (I don't have this picture and can't find it anywhere :) )

104515145_622551392a.jpg

The rest is:
My mySpace Blog (mine and Jurgen's)
Jurgen's Flicker (Jurgen's somewhat retouched)

solefald said:
hoy plintus nice pics, were you on the stage and stalking them with your cam? these shots are really close

There was no security, just a barrier, Michael even let me play his bass :D

Help hElp heLp helP

As DT are now opening for Opeth, are they starting early?

Why I ask, when I went to see them in Pittsburgh, they were main support and Devin Townsend opened. The concert was to start at 8 PM it's how it was advertised and was on the ticket. But Devin Towsand started playing at 7:45. Never thought too much about it until I was talking to a woman at the Cleveland show and she said she was at another show in Ohio and it was to start at 8 PM but it also started early also.

Does anyone know if the shows with Opeth headlining are still starting early?

Thanks -

UndoControl said:
Unlikely. But "good luck". And welcome to the boards. :)

Is it just my imagination or is the Canada/USA tour bringing 58476897 new users a day to this forum?

Well it brought me here, I saw them in London, Ontario and they were awesome, my friend and I thought they were the best band of the night, I would have loved to be at the Montreal show, at least I get to see them again in Edmonton.

Saw the show last night in Milwaukee, WI. The DT boys actually were the openers, followed by Devil Driver, and then Opeth. All bands put on great performances. Although a few dickheads that started a moshpit for the very small amount of people involved in it (I think a total of 6-7 people were all that actually were inside) seemed to distract a lot of people during DT.

Very interesting crowd last night indeed...I think Devil Driver was why. They get radio airtime here in WI, while DT or Opeth do not. So there were many people there just for them it seemed. When you here the words "Who is Dark Tranquillity" or "Who is Opeth?" as much as I did last night, especially since Opeth was headlining, you kind of get a dreary expectation of what kind of crowd you have...

^That sucks, but atleast you got to see them. Would you by any chance be from Iowa?

Dave: They started @ 8:00 PM in Milwaukee

I attended the 2 March @ I-Rock in Detroit and the show @ The Rave in Milwaukee on the 3rd. No pics from the 3rd though.

The Detroit show was my fifth and Milwaukee the sixth for dt. The Detroit show was the best one yet. I bought the girlie top and the skull hoodie. That skull hoodie is awesome! It's sooo soft and warm. :) Got a poster too and sig updates on my CD covers. By the way, the merch was less expensive in Detroit. I knew I should have picked up the t-shirt as well while I was there.

Detroit set list
darktranquillity_060302_27.jpg

More images and words about the Detroit show can be found here: http://www.eyesoffyr.com/siteupdates.shtml

Rebecca: Great photos :cool:
thanks for the info.
I'm flying to Orlando for the final show of this tour. If You would like a tshirt just pm me and I'll pick one up for You.
It's all good and I agree with You the DT full sets are most special

Thanks! You should check with the venue in Orlando for the correct start time. It would be a shame to fly all the way there and possibly miss it if it starts too early. Yes indeed, the Detroit headline set was the highlight of my concert-going year so far. Very special. They're really payin' their dues on this trip so I hope see some return for the hard work in the not too distant future.

Greetings from new Dark Tranquillity Mega-fan! saw them last night in Winnipeg, opening for Opeth, and the guys were terrific! wiped the floor with support band Devil Driver, and happy to see so many DT t-shirts, too. gotta get me some merch now. anybody with a set-list?

warm regards and thanks for a great show!!!!!

Spiv2 said:
Just got back from the show in Louisville, KY. They played great! The only difference to the setlist is they played Indifferent Suns instead of Monochromatic Stains, and also the order was slightly different in the middle songs.

I was at the show as well (sorry for the late post). I have to say i was kinda dissapointed with the show as a whole. The setlist was to similar than the last tour they did with Hypocrisy. on the flipside.....

They did play My Negation, which i never did see on their last show (they played it on the days i wasn't at the shows). I did meet up again with Mikael and Martin Hendrickson after the show. They both remembered me from the Denver show on the last tour (i gave the DT and Hypocrisy guys "alien beer):headbang: That made my day that they remember me.

Hi Eric. I remember you telling us about your gift of alien beer. That was a great story! :D

At least you guys got the Devin Townsend Band during that leg of the tour. Seeing Devy and Band would have worked better for me than Devil Driver, who I got my first taste of live at the Milwaukee show. They were okay - better than expected. However, I can do without frontmen calling us "Motherfuckers" every other word in the in-between song banter. Zakk Wylde does this a lot during BLS shows. Personally, I'm sick of it. Once in a while for emphasis is okay, but every other word? Baaah. I've noticed this is a popular trend among American bands. Not too flattering, I'd say.

I wonder what kind of reaction would occur if someone were to go up to one of these cussboys after a show and say to them, "Hey man. What up, Motherfucker?"

Would they be offended? Or would they feel comfortable in the presence of a kindred spirit?

wildfyr said:
You should check with the venue in Orlando for the correct start time. It would be a shame to fly all the way there and possibly miss it if it starts too early
I've done that and its like most other stops: doors open at 7pm bands start at 8pm. I know for a fact that the opener for at least 3 shows on this tour started earlier?
Which it not a problem for me if the venues are 'smoke free' (I choose not to smoke and if someone want's to that's their choice, I don't care if they have one burning in each hand and one up their butt) The thing is I'm very sensitive when it comes to cigarette smoke. I can't take the smoke for long, as I get very nauseated, light headed at times the room starts spinning and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Enough of that YUK.
So I want to get into a venue at the last minute before the show starts. In Pittsburgh I got in just before 8(the advertised start time) and Devin Townsend was playing and I only heard a song and a half. Listened to the DT set without a problem and about 20 minutes into the Opeth set had to leave. btw I like Opeth. Cigarette smoke just knocks me down.
Last year at the Orlando show with Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, Hypocrisy. Soilwork was the headliner and I had to leave before they finished playing.
At this same tour in Cleveland last year. I stayed outside until just before Dark Tranquillity started playing and missed Soilwork because the cigarette smoke was very, very heavy that night.
So here's my plan for Orlando I'll be inside for the DT set and leave when its over and buy another ticket so I can get back in when Opeth starts. I've seen Devil Driver before so I know I'm not missing much. I read on other forums the time for set ups between DT DD and Opeth is anywhere from a half hour to 45 minutes. So there will be about 2 hours between DT and Opeth. I've been to the House of Blues in Walt Disney World before, just across the walkway is a Virgin Record Store and much other stuff so I'll wonder around for a couple of hours then enter the HOB again.
Hopefully all indoor cigarette smoking will be banned before I have lung or throat cancer :eek:

wildfyr said:
Hi Eric. I remember you telling us about your gift of alien beer. That was a great story! :D

At least you guys got the Devin Townsend Band during that leg of the tour. Seeing Devy and Band would have worked better for me than Devil Driver, who I got my first taste of live at the Milwaukee show. They were okay - better than expected. However, I can do without frontmen calling us "Motherfuckers" every other word in the in-between song banter. Zakk Wylde does this a lot during BLS shows. Personally, I'm sick of it. Once in a while for emphasis is okay, but every other word? Baaah. I've noticed this is a popular trend among American bands. Not too flattering, I'd say.

I wonder what kind of reaction would occur if someone were to go up to one of these cussboys after a show and say to them, "Hey man. What up, Motherfucker?"

Would they be offended? Or would they feel comfortable in the presence of a kindred spirit?

Man, why do American bands have to be lards when it comes down to stuff like that. I mean it's cool to curse for the heck of it during a concert somewhere along the lines, but when they just keep on cursing...it just becomes freaking lame. I can understand someone like Mike going "it's time for the FInal Resistance! Make some fucking noise, last song! "

That's cool, but when bands do the whole fuck thing a thousand times...it becomes lame.