U.S. tour impressions/photos/reviews go here

great pics porschepower, bien fait
42960919._MG_2922.JPG

shit I hit the wrong button
this one is really cool

Hey nice comments everyone! Thanks! :) Yes I used a Canon 20D with a 17-35mm f2.8 Sigma Lens, and I also have the 70-200mm f2.8, Sigma Lens too. This was a great experience since it was the first show I could take pictures. Hope I'll be able to do more show pictures soon! And that DT will come back! They rocked the place!!! :headbang:

PorschePower said:
Hey nice comments everyone! Thanks! :) Yes I used a Canon 20D with a 17-35mm f2.8 Sigma Lens, and I also have the 70-200mm f2.8, Sigma Lens too. This was a great experience since it was the first show I could take pictures. Hope I'll be able to do more show pictures soon! And that DT will come back! They rocked the place!!! :headbang:

sigma makes some good lenses-those zooms must have been pretty pricy with those speeds (2.8). Im a Nikon man myself :worship:

Yeah Sigma lenses are quite good for the price! I actually paid (in Can$) 1100$ for my 70-200, and the Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS is about 2500$ so for my budget, it is great! As for my 17-35, it is an f2.8-4, and I paid 700$ for it. Canon's 16-35 f2.8 is something like 1500$, still expensive! There is not much diffenrence between Sigma and Canon (or Nikon, Pentax and every brand that Sigma "covers") so for the prices, since I'm a student, Sigma was the good choice!

I used to be a Nikon man but for the digital SLR, Canon are ahead, in my opinion. The D70 is not comparable to the 20D, and for the pro DSLR, the 1Ds Mark II is just perfect! The D2X is not sooo great as a lot of people say... It is an awesome camera and it must do a great job, but the sensor is still behind of what Canon can do. Anyway! Both Canon and Nikon have great cameras, and we all can be proud of what we own! :Smug:

I downloaded the video last night and I got the chills down my spine... it's just amazing how certain bands can ALWAYS astonish you with beauty of their music! *crying - tears of joy* Such a beautiful video.... baah, what a song! *stares impressed*

the 20D rules, I have that too, with a canon 2,8 24-70 lens, I love it, also have the sigma 2,8 70-200 ... but have to admit the canon lenses are still the best, just dont use the zoom lens that much so I spend more money on the other one :)

Dark idea said:
yeah vides great..but that was at quebec and not montreal...if im not mistakin....mtl was even crazier than the video!!!
Yeah I noticed that also... Martin Brändström was on the other side of the stage too. Place is very similar...but I noticed that was not my usual Medley. ;)

They said onstage that the crowd in Quebec was great....but not as in Montreal : now I FINALLY have a proof! Just kiddin' :p

I went to see DT in Cleveland on Day 2 of the BW/BK 6-Pack Weekend. They played for an hour and it was absolute bliss! Didn't keep a set list but I know they played The Endless Feed and a lot of other cool stuff. Of course Punish My Heaven was in there but that was it as far as the "old" stuff goes. Damn those 'net rumors floating around before the tour about them playing old tracks like Of Chaos and Eternal Night. :erk: Meh. Hopefully they're saving those for when they headline. :D Also wanna say that they played Senses Tied but I don't think they did. I think I just remember myself screaming the "I DON'T CARE" part while listening to the disc in the car on the way to and from Cleveland. ;-)

Some fotos were taken from the floor. There was a sizable crowd down in front and it got a little hairy at times but I managed to get some shots. They didn't all come out like some of my recent stuff from Chicago but they're better than the last set of DT fotos I took in 2003. Here's a group shot. It looks like Mikael has a bloody knuckle in this pic. Wish it would have turned out better. Can you see what I'm referring to? It's on his right (microphone) hand on the index finger.

darktranquillity_050506_08.jpg

Tried to isolate the hand in this crop of the original

msbk.jpg

If anyone else has a better shot of Mikaels bloody knuckle, feel free to post it up! :)

The rest of the DT fotos from the Cleveland show are up here: http://www.eyesoffyr.com/music/darktranquillity/050506.shtml

I also took some fotos of Soilwork and Exciter. They're up at the site as well. Unfortunately I missed Hypocrisy, Mnemic and Havochate and couldn't be more pissed at myself for letting that happen. :yell:

Awesome pictures, wildfyr!

wildfyr said:
I went to see DT in Cleveland on Day 2 of the BW/BK 6-Pack Weekend. They played for an hour and it was absolute bliss! Didn't keep a set list but I know they played The Endless Feed and a lot of other cool stuff. Of course Punish My Heaven was in there but that was it as far as the "old" stuff goes. Damn those 'net rumors floating around before the tour about them playing old tracks like Of Chaos and Eternal Night. :erk: Meh. Hopefully they're saving those for when they headline. :D Also wanna say that they played Senses Tied but I don't think they did. I think I just remember myself screaming the "I DON'T CARE" part while listening to the disc in the car on the way to and from Cleveland. ;-)

Some fotos were taken from the floor. There was a sizable crowd down in front and it got a little hairy at times but I managed to get some shots. They didn't all come out like some of my recent stuff from Chicago but they're better than the last set of DT fotos I took in 2003. Here's a group shot. It looks like Mikael has a bloody knuckle in this pic. Wish it would have turned out better. Can you see what I'm referring to? It's on his right (microphone) hand on the index finger.

darktranquillity_050506_08.jpg

Tried to isolate the hand in this crop of the original

msbk.jpg

If anyone else has a better shot of Mikaels bloody knuckle, feel free to post it up! :)

The rest of the DT fotos from the Cleveland show are up here: http://www.eyesoffyr.com/music/darktranquillity/050506.shtml

I also took some fotos of Soilwork and Exciter. They're up at the site as well. Unfortunately I missed Hypocrisy, Mnemic and Havochate and couldn't be more pissed at myself for letting that happen. :yell:

Great pictures!
headbob.gif

@Arch: Thanks!

@Solefald: I want to see you BLEEEEEED! haha :D

@TheNewBuild: Thanks. That was a lucky shot. At one point during the evening I tried to wedge my way up to the middle part of the barricade. It wasn't an easy task, believe me, but I managed to worm my way up there for a little while. The (tall) guys who were already up there were shoulder to shoulder - it almost seemed like they were arm locked - and they weren't very happy that I invaded their space. In fact, I heard one guy who was standing behind the dudes along the barricade reluctantly say, "Ah let her in," like it was really inconvenient for them to let me squeeze in. :rolleyes: Some of those guys up front were taking pics, so I hope they show up here with a better pic of Mikael's blood knuckle! :p

@ruinandmisery: Thank you. Were you the one who gave Niklas the guitar? I tried to get some good pics of him playing it.

@DragonLady1: Thanks! That means a lot to me coming from you. :) My camera is rather average but I like it because it's compact and easy to carry around. I like to try to get the most out of it, and I'd like to learn what I'm doing with it before I upgrade to a better one.

wildfyr said:
@Arch: Thanks!

@Solefald: I want to see you BLEEEEEED! haha :D

@TheNewBuild: Thanks. That was a lucky shot. At one point during the evening I tried to wedge my way up to the middle part of the barricade. It wasn't an easy task, believe me, but I managed to worm my way up there for a little while. The (tall) guys who were already up there were shoulder to shoulder - it almost seemed like they were arm locked - and they weren't very happy that I invaded their space. In fact, I heard one guy who was standing behind the dudes along the barricade reluctantly say, "Ah let her in," like it was really inconvenient for them to let me squeeze in. :rolleyes: Some of those guys up front were taking pics, so I hope they show up here with a better pic of Mikael's blood knuckle! :p

@ruinandmisery: Thank you. Were you the one who gave Niklas the guitar? I tried to get some good pics of him playing it.

@DragonLady1: Thanks! That means a lot to me coming from you. :) My camera is rather average but I like it because it's compact and easy to carry around. I like to try to get the most out of it, and I'd like to learn what I'm doing with it before I upgrade to a better one.

Yes, I actually built the guitar. May we use some of your photos? If so, please send me an email, thanks!

JP
jason@jnunisguitars.com

@Jason: You have a reply. ;)

@All: It seems I was a bit conservative in choosing how many Cleveland fotos to post to my site. There were over 100 taken of DT. Most of them were crap but I've gone through what I didn't use before and found some others that I think might be worthy. This is one of them.

darktranquillity_050506_26.jpg

This one has not been added to the page yet and there are about 10 more in all that I will be adding soon.

wildfyr said:

I believe you...I've seen pictures and clips with audience in USA (craaaaazy), so I bet it was hard to get there, but as you as... you did it ;) Pereseverance is the key, hehe. I'm just glad you could share some pictures with us :)

wildfyr said:
@Jason: You have a reply. ;)

@All: It seems I was a bit conservative in choosing how many Cleveland fotos to post to my site. There were over 100 taken of DT. Most of them were crap but I've gone through what I didn't use before and found some others that I think might be worthy. This is one of them.

darktranquillity_050506_26.jpg

This one has not been added to the page yet and there are about 10 more in all that I will be adding soon.

Great photo! I will be in contact with you very soon!