Dave Isberg.......

thanks heaps mr. s! great stuff and i hope theres more to come.
i never had any negative thoughts of harvest, but i can see why some people would not like it. i laughed my ass off at the Face of Melinda/alice in chains comment and listening to it now i can see where your comming from dave, i still fukin love that track though. hope everyones doin well!

Heh..
it´s been years since i last posted here, but what better time than now?

I actually ended up camping with Rille (second guy from the left on that old photo) on Sweden rock Festival something like 6 or 7 years ago.
He and his girlfriend were really nice people.
He didn't play all to much drums back then at least..

I tried to get him to search through old collections for garage tapes of the true opeth, but no luck.

in light of recent events, i was wondering if dave and anders could write about their experiences with peter, back when he used to play bass.

Unuseful resume just to say that this is the most educative topic about Opeth members history.

How did the band record in the early '90s those whose two are on the reissues of Orchid and Morningrise. They're not recorded in a professional way but at the same time they don't suck..ah, Is David Isberg singing on one of them?

in light of recent events, i was wondering if dave and anders could write about their experiences with peter, back when he used to play bass.

Well he played bass... what do nyou want to know? It was more like a rythm guitar played on a bass. Kim Petterson did the lead guitar during that one gig in Akalla (Kim played with us in Frölunda aswell, but on that gig Johan de Farfalla played bass).

If you go into my myspace or my facebook I have a pic of Pete & Mike when they passed by my restaurant a freezing night in July...

And hey who will I see at Arnhem Metal Meeting in Holland this year???

Unuseful resume just to say that this is the most educative topic about Opeth members history.

How did the band record in the early '90s those whose two are on the reissues of Orchid and Morningrise. They're not recorded in a professional way but at the same time they don't suck..ah, Is David Isberg singing on one of them?

We did not record at all really. we just had a old compactradio/tapeplayer you know the typical cheap one they used to use in garages and stuff.

And I am not singing on the version of Eternal Soul Torture that is on the Morningrise rerelease, I just wrote the song.

The only tape ever found I´m singing on is the brilliant "live in akalla 1991".

There is vidoe footage of us live in Sundbyberg 1990 and probably there could be from Fröluna Torg 1991 aswell but I have no clue who have can have a spare copy... I was at my parents house going through all the old video tapes but my original from Sundbyberg is gone (but Nihilist, Bredäng is still there...:)) ).

I do believe Peter Hanson (ex Therion can have it as I believe he borrowed that and the film of therion in Helsinki one song is on their dvd boxset which also was filmed by my camera. on that therion clip you can see me walk up to the mic and growl along).

Enough from me in a while to come. I mainly popped in to tell you that I will finally record a few new tracks soon to be found @:

http://www.myspace.com/davidisbergthestockholmwarensemble

opeth pics etc to be found on:
http://www.myspace.com/djdake

Anders... om du ser detta kan inte du maila mig på:
d.isberg@gmail.com
Jag o frugan vill ha Brasilientips.

Talk to you again in 6 months or some...

We did not record at all really. we just had a old compactradio/tapeplayer you know the typical cheap one they used to use in garages and stuff.

And I am not singing on the version of Eternal Soul Torture that is on the Morningrise rerelease, I just wrote the song.

The only tape ever found I´m singing on is the brilliant "live in akalla 1991".

There is vidoe footage of us live in Sundbyberg 1990 and probably there could be from Fröluna Torg 1991 aswell but I have no clue who have can have a spare copy... I was at my parents house going through all the old video tapes but my original from Sundbyberg is gone (but Nihilist, Bredäng is still there...:)) ).

I do believe Peter Hanson (ex Therion can have it as I believe he borrowed that and the film of therion in Helsinki one song is on their dvd boxset which also was filmed by my camera. on that therion clip you can see me walk up to the mic and growl along).

Enough from me in a while to come. I mainly popped in to tell you that I will finally record a few new tracks soon to be found @:

http://www.myspace.com/davidisbergthestockholmwarensemble

opeth pics etc to be found on:
http://www.myspace.com/djdake

Anders... om du ser detta kan inte du maila mig på:
d.isberg@gmail.com
Jag o frugan vill ha Brasilientips.

Talk to you again in 6 months or some...

Thank you so much..didn't know you also wrote the music for eternal soul torture..the only thing I cannot undestand yet is if the live in Akalla, that is fucking great but with weird sound quality :loco: is another name of Dark Phantasia or if they are two different things. By the way this live can be found on the net and I think Mr. Akerfeldt told people they could get it "for free"..tell me if I'm wrong.
Last question: the Orchid and Morningrise stuff, are they from this famous Dark Phantasia (that I'd really like to find somewhere in some way)?