Dave's Hypothetical Future thread

OT. But hey Dave, how do you say "shut up" in Armenian? We have this REALLY annoying Armenian family living in the apartment below us. There are only four people living the the apartment (including a baby), but they fucking ALWAYS have extended family over, including some annoying kids that play outside and yell out loud even at 1:00 at night.

dze-net ka-tre

LOL I doubled my manager's numbers today

he had 24 customers - 30 dollar average per sale 20 dollars commission
I had 8 customers - 60 dollar average per sale 40 dollars commission

I'm a better salesman than my manager :lol:

numbers last week/this week

average sale (very solid = 33-35)
me - 45/50
manager - 37/31

premium product percentage (very solid = 15%)
me - 30%/60%
manager - 28%/20%

gold card percentage (very solid = 18%)
me - 35%/40%
manager - 10%/16%

LOL I am top 3 best salesman in the region at this point, and consistently post better numbers than a huge percentage of the managers. My manager said he has never seen any sales associates put up the numbers I put up today (62.10 average per sale). I made 40 dollars on a day with 8 customers. Couple days ago, I had 5 customers in a 9 hour shift and still made 20 bucks here.

I will be the best salesman in the region within a month or two, and then it's just a matter of me learning all the operational stuff and I should easily be promoted manager.

there's really no reason at all that I should not annihilate my manager's numbers on a daily basis. I know 10x more about lifting/fitness than he does, I have a much more "convincing" look than he does, I know much more about supps than he does, and my sales technique is vastly superior to his (IMO)

LOL I sold 8 gold cards on sunday. The manager (who is a really great guy) says he has never seen an associate sell more than 4 in one day.

it sucks balls that he had 3 times as many customers today that I did :mad: I could have earned 60 - 80 dollars today with 24 customers.

there's really no reason at all that I should not annihilate my manager's numbers on a daily basis. I know 10x more about lifting/fitness than he does, I have a much more "convincing" look than he does, I know much more about supps than he does, and my sales technique is vastly superior to his (IMO)

LOL I sold 8 gold cards on sunday. The manager (who is a really great guy) says he has never seen an associate sell more than 4 in one day.

it sucks balls that he had 3 times as many customers today that I did :mad: I could have earned 60 - 80 dollars today with 24 customers.
Variation #1234 on: Dave is the world's bulkiest and best salesman... [Sigh]

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Why he takes all that time to post his so called "sales" every fucking day is beyond me. I sell electrical material for huge jobs downtown and sold over 250k last month alone.

btw the 1st time Ive ever posted my sales and probably the last.

If I was a great salesman like Dave I wouldn't loose my time selling crap for 40$ of commission a day. You can brag all you want about your numbers it's still only 40$!

If I was the best seller in the world (which Dave will be in a couple of months without any doubt) I would sell houses. At least I'd make decent money. My friend is selling houses and he recently sold a 1 million $ house. With all the deductions and everything he still got like around 2% of the value in commission. That's 20 000$ right there. That's more then Dave is making in a year and that's worth bragging a little more.

Hey Dave, you know what's hilarious? You may sell more than your manager, but I bet he gets more money than you.

his base salary is 11-12, mine is only 7.5. Which is dissappointing.

I will become assistant manager very soon though where I will make 9 + commission (and my commission % should be higher). I shoulds make 35 k then. Pretty solid for an 18 year old.

LOL I guess, until I make 200 k a year, I imagine people here will still see me as failing my goals. That's ok though, it will all come with time.

Why he takes all that time to post his so called "sales" every fucking day is beyond me. I sell electrical material for huge jobs downtown and sold over 250k last month alone.

btw the 1st time Ive ever posted my sales and probably the last.

that's awesome, I need to get into something like that pretty soon

If I was a great salesman like Dave I wouldn't loose my time selling crap for 40$ of commission a day. You can brag all you want about your numbers it's still only 40$!

If I was the best seller in the world (which Dave will be in a couple of months without any doubt) I would sell houses. At least I'd make decent money. My friend is selling houses and he recently sold a 1 million $ house. With all the deductions and everything he still got like around 2% of the value in commission. That's 20 000$ right there. That's more then Dave is making in a year and that's worth bragging a little more.

can I do that at 18 without any college degree or anything?

I asked my dad about selling houses, he says it is an awful awful job and there are like 300 real estate agents in aurora alone.

and I just looked up info for real estate sales agent and the average salary is 33 k a year. LOL I'll make more than that as a manager here.

his base salary is 11-12, mine is only 7.5. Which is dissappointing.

I will become assistant manager very soon though where I will make 9 + commission (and my commission % should be higher). I shoulds make 35 k then. Pretty solid for an 18 year old.

LOL I guess, until I make 200 k a year, I imagine people here will still see me as failing my goals. That's ok though, it will all come with time.

that's awesome, I need to get into something like that pretty soon

Yes, but you have to pass the real estate exam, which is about as hard as passing the bar exam.

My friend doesn't have anything except the little course to sell houses and a high school degree. The course to sell houses wasn't very long either.

He started college and University and never finished anything. Then he had to find something that he could do quickly as he accumulated some debt from school and went in that field. I think it took him like 4 months to complete the course at home (that's while taking care of 2 young children and not being fully into studying at all). He finished the course passed the exam and then found a place to work, joined an established team there started selling houses. It's not that complex or time consuming to learn how to become a house salesman.

It's his first year and he's going to top 100 000$ easily he said. Not bad. I'm pretty sure he could have started that at 18 if he didn't try a couple things in school.

I asked my dad about selling houses, he says it is an awful awful job and there are like 300 real estate agents in aurora alone.

and I just looked up info for real estate sales agent and the average salary is 33 k a year. LOL I'll make more than that as a manager here.

Well you have to be good and in a good area to make money. I have no idea where you live and what the situation is there. But my friend loves his job and they are 4 in his team, he's making more then 100 000$ on his first year...the others all top 250 000$ and have been for quite a while. Doesn't seeem that awful to me.

My friend doesn't have anything except the little course to sell houses and a high school degree. The course to sell houses wasn't very long either.

He started college and University and never finished anything. Then he had to find something that he could do quickly as he accumulated some debt from school and went in that field. I think it took him like 4 months to complete the course at home (that's while taking care of 2 young children and not being fully into studying at all). He finished the course passed the exam and then found a place to work, joined an established team there started selling houses. It's not that complex or time consuming to learn how to become a house salesman.

It's his first year and he's going to top 100 000$ easily he said. Not bad. I'm pretty sure he could have started that at 18 if he didn't try a couple things in school.

I'll ask my sister if this is a good career, she works at a mortgage company.

edit: just called her, says it is an awful career. Says you could earn 100 k or earn absolutely nothing.

I'll just continue working at GNC, get my bachelors in business administration and then go into a serious career when I am 21.

looking at banking/real estate at salary.com, there are a plethora of jobs that are 100 - 200 thousand dollar average salary. That's probably the direction I will go into.

I'll ask my sister if this is a good career, she works at a mortgage company.

edit: just called her, says it is an awful career. Says you could earn 100 k or earn absolutely nothing.

I'll just continue working at GNC, get my bachelors in business administration and then go into a serious career when I am 21.

looking at banking/real estate at salary.com, there are a plethora of jobs that are 100 - 200 thousand dollar average salary. That's probably the direction I will go into.

Why do you doubt yourself? Clearly you're one of the greatest seller on this earth. We have your stats here to prove it! There's no garantee for salary but we're talking about you...you'll never make less then 100 000$.