David Bendeth Drums for Steven Slate

A couple of new demos have been posted. I like them but I'm not gonna pay that money for just one kick drum, 2 snares and a set of toms and cymbals.

Bought the expansion and am not feeling it nearly as much as I was enjoying the other demos. Compared to the other expansions, this one feels more raw (not in a positive way). I was digging the snare ring in the demos, but it's quite overpowering when actually hearing the raw samples.

These might work better in a mix but I think I have other samples that will work with my stuff better.

Anyway, I appreciate the effort. Can never have enough samples, and these might be perfect for something else down the road. You never know.

Googled David Bendeth because he seems to be 'somebody' and All I found was a guy who looks like the guy who sang "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)"
Then I realized this thread was called "David Bendeth Drums for Steven Slate"
...So the guy who made these samples for Slate is catfishing on here?

If I had to note a single complaint about the slate celeb packs it's that they aren't nearly as comprehensive as you'd hope for the price. If I had a project where one of these pieces would be perfect (I'm a trigger use, not so much SSD) I'd bite but in a layering scenario it's just a lot of money to throw down for a single kit and an extra snare.
On an aside, it's interesting to me that this thread was cleaned of the troll flotsam but not the episode of Jersey Shore on the second page.

Back on the subject of these drum samples, I'd like to point out that they sound absolutely nothing like any of the drums in his mixes.

Breaking Benjamin? Nope
Underoath? Nope
Bring Me the Horizon? Nope
Set Your Goals? Nope
Paramore? Noooope

Need I go on?

Now I understand that he probably wanted to do something "different" and "interesting" for this sample pack(for example, taking the resonant head off the toms), but seriously...If you're going to go through the trouble of making a sample pack with your name on it, why not make it sound like your drums?

Each of those bands I listed have very different drum tones, but they each possess that "Bendeth" sound that the actual "Bendeth" sample pack somehow seems to lack.

Did he have the "Joey Stugis syndrome"? You know, where most of your drum sound comes from samples that you didn't actually create, therefore the drum samples you sell sound nothing like your mixes...(no offense Joey)

Does anyone know if Eddie.... or uhhh...David augments his drums with some other samples that aren't his to resell?

Yep, not biting on these either.

Bendeth seems like a right royal tool as well after this thread, so having his samples in my music would associate me with him and that's just not on.

Slate also seems very quiet on these, maybe he knows it too.

Well, I had high hopes for this pack but unfortunately I am disappointed...

I bought the Trigger pack and not only does it not sound like the drums in his mixes, it doesn't sound much like the drums in the clips from the site either.
They sound much more raw.

Here's a clip: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9799371/Bendeth Drums1.mp3

I really liked that clip, seems there are a lot room left for tweaking to your taste, which is good IMO,
and I get the feeling that's exactly what Bendeth was going for in the first place. Not clones of him.

Sounded like a real drumkit, nice & raw, but there are millions of drum samples around and people nowadays
are impatient and just wants a catered table instead of start cooking for themselves.

What I really would like to happen is Slate to get some things going on with Kurt Ballou, Ben Grosse & Will Putney.
Also guitar cabinet modeling still has a long road ahead, pre-amp sims are already pretty good, IRs not so.

I like the fact that you're given raw sounds to work with so you can make them fit your track. That's the way it should be IMO.
What I didn't like was those preprocessed clips in their website cause they sound totally different from what you get off the bat.
Also i'd like to hear from you guys how would be your approach in mixing the room channel.

If this was $79 instead of $99, I think it'd sell a lot more. The lack of drums in the pack is pretty disappointing.

I feel misled on this purchase. The raw samples sound nothing like the demos at all. The more I think about this, the more pissed I'm getting.

I really have no need for these they way they currently sound. If they sounded like the demos, I think I'd love them. But they don't.

I'd like my money back.