Death Metal bands tuned to open E

Meh, I forgot to post what Open E actually is...EBG#EBE

I mean EADGBE . And I have got to say DAMN :OMG: :headbang: :worship: Death is God! Im definitely buyin their albums. By the way dreadful, I do like Obituary and I ll see about the others

I mean EADGBE

>> ye, this is standard e not open e.

Meh, I forgot to post what Open E actually is...EBG#EBE

>> wreath, are you sure about that. imo open e would be EBE(G#)BE. but you probably meant this one. by the paranthesis i just wanted to make sure that it's read as g# and not as #b which wouldnt make sense but you'll never know...

Cannibal Corpse( even though they are in E minor)
Old Sepultura( just drop the e to d)
Slayer(Same as Cannibal Corpse)
Katatonia
Iced Earth ( Same as CC)

>> did Iced earth change their tuning or what...the older alnums were all in d#-standard!

Without a doubt. That album is fantastic. Evil Dead and Zombie Ritual are perhaps the best songs ever written by Death (except for maybe Crystal Moutain).

mh, you seriously should check out their demos then. tho i havent heard them i guess they are even more raw and kvlt ;) .

you are probably the first guy i 'heard' saying that he liked SBG best of death's cataloque...

Hell yeah Décadent!
SCREAM BLOODY FUCKING GORE!!!!
Righton! I enjoy a lot more the technical stuff he later did, but Scream Bloody Gore is still an old fave of mine.

Opethkorn, change your fucking name, it's so fucking horrible. And go buy some death albums, screw checking out samples on the net.

actually i may also have to agree with Scream Bloody Gore

Zombie ritual man. So awesome.

Oh yeah... and being exclusive to any tuning besides standard E is pretty lame

Wreath said:

And people, he said OPEN E, not standard tuning (EBGDAE).

Standard tuning and Open E are 2 totally different tunings.

Yes but he mentioned being tuned the same as Metallica and Zeppelin so I assumed he actually meant standard E.
I don't think I've ever tuned to open E, which probably means I've been playing certain things wrong (or making things hard!) for years. :ill:

It sounds like Death do. I looked at a Morbid Angel tab and it says standard tuning, this may be jst cos of the crap tab...

Titanium said:
Wrong, Death tunes to D, Chuck is a metal god.

AMEN!!!

R.I.P. Chuck

and I think Keith Richards played at least some songs without a high E string for some reason. Too lazy to look up why.

i like to remain in E just because my jacksons tuning system is a pain in the ass. nonetheless, i dont think its great to remain limited to one state of tuning.

Brooks said:
Death is, was, and forever shall be tuned to D.

YUP.

Most death metal bands tune lower...

Power Metal bands play in standard E most of the time, sometimes a half step down (iced Earth) And alot of Black Metal bands play in standard tuning (emperor, immortal, enslaved, borknagar)