Death Metal bands tuned to open E

I wasn't saying the guy should get Leprosy because it's the best Death album, I was saying he should get that first because it's easier to play on the guitar than ITP, Symbolic or TSOP, and this thread WAS about playing guitar and Death!
Having said that, Leprosy is the best Death album, with Human a close second.

depends on the day. Human is awesome when I want my ass kicked. ITP when I want to be humbled by the sheer talent of Chuck. Symbolic when I want the heavy, light feeling. SOP when I miss Chuck and his music. Voice of the Soul is amazing!!

MasterOLightning said:
Human is far and away the best Death album. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong, or just likes progressive metal better than death metal.

That's right, because Scream Bloody Gore is by far the most progressive Death album :Smug:

You are all fools! The Sound of Perseverance is THE best Death album.

As the other guy was saying, every album has a different tone. ITP is the scary-writing stuff. Human is heaviest stuff. Symbolic is the groove stuff. TSOP is the epic stuff (well sorta). Oh, and Control Denied is for the amazing stuff - I am of the opinion that when Chuck didn't have to worry about singing he was really able to let loose with the writing.

coolsnow7 said:
You are all fools! The Sound of Perseverance is THE best Death album.

Oh, and Control Denied is for the amazing stuff

I used to think TSOP was their best effort too. Then i realized the album would be a lot better if they cut almost every song in half. All the riffs were repeated, and the songs could've been halved, easily. Granted, the music contained on the record is very good, no arguement there.

The Control Denied cd is really good.

TSOP is overly complex, and, to an extent so is Symbolic. I like the simple directness and groove of Leprosy and Human. I also saw Death on the Human tour (with Kreator) so the album has a soft spot with me.