Death Metal Bands

Maim is a cool band from Sweden...DEATH METAL! I swear...this country is shitting out great death metal bands by the tons. It's almost like a diarrhea of splendid morbid delights.

They have some ok stuff on their first few albums, but it's not bad for early Tech Brutal Death. Better than the shitty bands that play that style now...It seems like its just done for the hell of it rather than being honest about it.

Suffocation has the potential but has never really reached it for me with any of their albums, the latest came the closest so hopefully this new one is what I've wanted from them.

Suffocation has the potential but has never really reached it for me with any of their albums, the latest came the closest so hopefully this new one is what I've wanted from them.

I think the latest album is more catchy and fun to listen to rather than twisted and kinda sick like their older works. I'm really hoping they put in some Effigy and Pierced in the next one.

Blasphemy...You like Autopsy and don't even like Incantation? Very odd but oh well. Onward To Golgotha and Mortal Throne of Nazarene are two of the best Death Doom albums ever.

It's the only Suffocation album I own and basically the only one I really know. It was definitely groundbreaking in terms of speed and brutality at the time.

For speed(and maybe a little brutality, but were talking "ancient" death metal) go back to the mid eighties for a little band called Insanity. Can't stress how much this band needs to be listened to. Ahead of their time, but never got a deal when they would have been as big as Morbid Angel, Death or Possessed.

Autopsy = Suffocation > Immolation > Incantation

Not that any of them are bad... I just dont like Incantation.

Did you get the pleasure of checking out Horrific Obsession yet?

They recorded 2 new songs (Feast of the Graveworm and Horrific Obsession) a while back promoting something... I think the re-release of Severed Survival... sadly they wont be doing anything else... and I say sadly because the 2 new songs are just as good as the old stuff.