Death Metal Bands

2cyiihe.jpg

Old school swedish death metal + old school Carcass.

Can you picture that? I couldnt... I had to hear it for myself.

Great find! :kickass:

Hah I just went by chronologic order I guess since Merciless played in like 1988 or something. It's essentially the thing they did/do that these bands are reproducing, and I'm happy their doing it. Can't get enough of generic åsome Death/Thrash :p That's pretty lazy :p

Finally was able to buy the new Samael (stupid US release date...)
Very fucking impressed. They do go a little bit apeshit with the blastbeating and double base on pretty much every song...almost as if to say "SEE DAMMIT! WE ARE FUCKING METAL AGAIN!", but if you were ever a fan of anything between Worship Him and Passage, I don't see how you could dislike the album. There are already several songs that I would easily say rank up there with stuff on Passage and Rebellion. Not quite hitting the insane musical feats of Ceremony (though, I don't think it's possible), but overall I couldn't be happier to enjoy their music again. It was hard having to feel embarrassed for liking them.

The only unfortunate thing is that in listening to interviews with Vorph...this album is a "for the fans" thing, but the next one will be very different. I'm hoping "different" will still be into the metal category and not whatever Reign of Light was.

-D

Yeah Tribulation is one of the better releases this year. Shackles - Traitor's Gate was released last year, but that is one of the best death/thrash albums I've heard in a long time...definitely check that out.

That is some beautiful shit right there. I imagine these guys stomping through a field of dead bodies while playing.
Haha, you mean the art or the music (or both)?
Yeah pretty good stuff there Tinus. Killer album cover as well!
It kicks so much ass, I hope I receive the album this week.
Yeah Tribulation is one of the better releases this year. Shackles - Traitor's Gate was released last year, but that is one of the best death/thrash albums I've heard in a long time...definitely check that out.
I'm gonna check Shackles out.