Death Metal Bands

I second the above question.

Man this thread isn't too great anymore, no new recommendations really, and half the posts are the Stefan crew smiling and calling everything that doesn't fit into their narrow view of metal gay. I neeedz new metuls to listen to! Quick, someone name an awesome album not mention 100 times for me to headbang to!

New Hypocrisy is basically a hit and miss album for me. I only like about half the songs, and half of those I only like because Peter sounds awesome as usual. Certainly a step down from Virus. I also find the production bland, almost totally digital feeling.

What the fuck is slam death?

Slam death metal acquires its name from the part of a song in which the tempo slows down and often switches to an off-time meter. The "slam" is distinguished by slow chromatic riffs and frequent punctuation of pinch harmonics. While a slam might resemble a breakdown often found in hardcore and metalcore, it is set apart by its signature use of bizarre time signatures giving the slam a very jangly feel.

Slam death metal is also known for its dropped tunings, intensely technical drumming, and low vocals called gutturals that are created by sucking air in past the vocal chords. The guttural vocals sound somewhere between a rumble and a gurgle.

Bands:Evourment, Dying Fetus, Vomit Remnants, Infected Malignity, Godless Truth and so on.
I dont like it.

There is a thread abt it on UM,if someone is interested.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/general-metal-discussion/259055-brutal-slam-death-metal.html

I neeedz new metuls to listen to! Quick, someone name an awesome album not mention 100 times for me to headbang to!

New Hypocrisy is basically a hit and miss album for me. I only like about half the songs, and half of those I only like because Peter sounds awesome as usual. Certainly a step down from Virus. I also find the production bland, almost totally digital feeling.

Hypocrisy has really grown on me for the last few weeks.

Im not sure if you checked To Separate The Flesh From The Bones - Utopia Sadistica (2004).
Band members:
Pasi (Amorphis, Ajattara, Shape Of Despair...), Niclas (Amorphis) i Gas (HIM) + Jeff Walker (Carcass) i Lee Dorian (Cathedral, Napalm Death) as special guests.:lol:

I listen to a lot of Infester lately:

also:

Last edited by a moderator:

Man this thread isn't too great anymore, no new recommendations really, and half the posts are the Stefan crew smiling and calling everything that doesn't fit into their narrow view of metal gay. I neeedz new metuls to listen to! Quick, someone name an awesome album not mention 100 times for me to headbang to!

This forum sucks 90% of the time anymore.

Slam death metal acquires its name from the part of a song in which the tempo slows down and often switches to an off-time meter. The "slam" is distinguished by slow chromatic riffs and frequent punctuation of pinch harmonics. While a slam might resemble a breakdown often found in hardcore and metalcore, it is set apart by its signature use of bizarre time signatures giving the slam a very jangly feel.

Slam death metal is also known for its dropped tunings, intensely technical drumming, and low vocals called gutturals that are created by sucking air in past the vocal chords. The guttural vocals sound somewhere between a rumble and a gurgle.

Bands:Devourment, Dying Fetus, Vomit Remnants, Infected Malignity, Godless Truth and so on.
I dont like it.

There is a thread abt it on UM,if someone is interested.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/general-metal-discussion/259055-brutal-slam-death-metal.html

Dying Fetus and Godless truth arent slam...

Dripping and Wormed and Down From the Wound, however, are.

Only bands I truly enjoy with over the top piggyish vocals, which I assume makes them kinda slam, are Benighted and Degrade :p

Degrade is, Benighted not.

And for a rec...

Uhm... try Dripping.
They're really weird.... lots of people that dont enjoy slam still like them.

I seem to be the only one to recommend stuff. If you don't care to listen to old Swedish/Finnish, or Good NA Death Metal then I can't help you.

Maybe Nile, Behemoth and cartoons playing Metal are up your alley?