Death Metal Bands

I do not agree that we should give it away for free. If prople want to listen to it then they will buy it, people are not going to listen to a band more just because it is free.

They are when said band is still a bunch of guys running amok on an internet forum having buttsecks! You need to attract listeners by presenting something that makes us say "damn, I want to hear more of this shit". Unless you wanna go the safe-listener route and make pussified songs, you won't make money off your first release, and certainly not a demo. Your logic seems to be based on the idea you are methulz demi-gods everyone wants to give money. :p

And when you say there are tons of bands with deals, that is true but that doesn't mean they are making much off their music. Behemoth has to tour non fuckin stop and never stop working and they are jsut now starting to live comfortably after being around for like 645 years. Money is a good goal, but never ahead of forming a solid listener base.

Edit : Unless you want to do some rap videos, make $54 billion off one CD and then put all your funds into making the greatest death metal album ever. Just get Stefan to use his "superior talking skills" to make a couple really bad rap songs. You may have to run the speech through a Ghetto black man firs to translate your lyrics to common idiot though.

I meant that a band doesn't attract listeners just because the music is free and availible, if the music sucks then no one will care anyway. And if the music is good enough and people want to listen to it they will listen to it anyway, free or not. But it is not about making money or a living out of it, It is about having the band pay for it's own expenses. Like if we sell our demo at shows we play etc then it will have paid for the cost we have put into making it in due time that's all.

This video pisses me off. The band should smack som sense in to that fucking wannabe hiphop gangstah singer. :puke:

The music was ok though, especially that slow part around the 2 min mark + the ending.

I have been informed that this was intentionally made to make fun of both extreme rap, and over the top metal videos. (It does have dimmu borgir written all over it second half). The music isn't that bad actually, but I had to listen without the video. It's got a lot more groove than the usuals, but the vocalist is either a quiet growler or the mixing sucks

MASACHIST is a band formed by Thrufel (Azarath), Daray (Dimmu Borgir, Vesania, ex-Vader), Pig (ex-Decapitated), Heinrich (Vesania), Aro (Shadows Land) and featuring Ross Dolan from Immolation as a guest. The band released their debut album ‘’Death March Fury’’ in April 2009 under Witching Hour Productions.

Last edited by a moderator:
MASACHIST is a band formed by Thrufel (Azarath), Daray (Dimmu Borgir, Vesania, ex-Vader), Pig (ex-Decapitated), Heinrich (Vesania), Aro (Shadows Land) and featuring Ross Dolan from Immolation as a guest. The band released their debut album ‘’Death March Fury’’ in April 2009 under Witching Hour Productions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu6s9Ak8vJU

Nice, I have to look into these guys

Interesting, I never liked Destinity much until these songs came along. Guess I will check the album out:S

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwWGGkfU_x8&feature=PlayList&p=A370B649650322B5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDaYrhmg4Q&feature=PlayList&p=A370B649650322B5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=20[/ame]

What the fuck, I think France is trying to cut in on Poland's action, a bunch of good french bands lately.

Between Scarve, Benighted, Deathspell Omega, Destinity, Symbyosis and Yrkoon I've got half my current playlist

Last edited by a moderator: