Death Metal Bands

I'm bored, time to post the song I'm currently addicted to to kill 30 seconds of time. Very few bands can even touch these guys in terms of aggression and brutality. I'm sure they may have been mentioned as they have some death metal influences, maybe even by myself but who cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I've always enjoyed their guitar riffs but not the vocals, which unfortunetly stops me from listening to them most of the time.

I'm bored, time to post the song I'm currently addicted to to kill 30 seconds of time. Very few bands can even touch these guys in terms of aggression and brutality. I'm sure they may have been mentioned as they have some death metal influences, maybe even by myself but who cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5JmeH3APc

I fuckin' love these guys, though their last album left me feeling underwhelmed. It's not a bad album, it just felt like they were on autopilot to me.

But all of their albums are fucking brutal...one of the few bands that actually give me anxiety just by listening to them.

AN is a good band... definitely aggressive... but brutal is a shitty way to explain them.

I think "brutal" is a more generic term for me. I know for some of you cats "brutal " is a whole genre in itself...I don't really give too much of a fuck about sub-genres to be honest. Either it's melodic or it isn't. Brutal to me just means it's kicks ass.

And it does, in my opinion.

There's no such thing as brutal black metal anyway... and too much "brutality" is pretty much a direct contridiction to what black metal is.

There's also quite a brutal death metal following on UM, so calling metal "brutal" is pretty vague and misleading to someone not familiar with the material. Brutal death metal has a pretty unique sound... but you dont like to sub genre things out... so we wont use terms like death metal and black metal any more... not even heavy metal or metal... from now on everything is just music.

(this post is 95% just bordom, 5% poking at you)