Death Metal Bands

Beter than the last two?

I think so (especially > Novella) however I liked the last two. Many others I have talked to that weren't two big on the last two however really dug it as well, which sounds like an opinion more suiting to your tastes.

Last edited by a moderator:
New November's Doom does nothing for me. To me it feels stale , boring and repetitive. I miss "To Welcome The Fade" and "Pale Haunt Departure" greatness.

I also hate how every song has damn near SPOKEN parts as a chorus, as least learn to sing clean well if you want to use it.

Technically speaking it is good singing. :erk: If you don't like the style thats all personal preference and I can't fault you for that, though I do find your explanation a bit baffling right next to the albums you listed as 'greatness'(mind you I enjoy them as well and Pale Haunt is an all time favorite) seeing as the clean vox on those albums was much closer to a spoken word fashion. o_O

Shrug.

The two comments were unrelated. My annoyance about the vocals was just an after thought. Just seems like he uses his weak area vocally too often and he basically drones on instead of putting some energy into it.

Overall feelings on the album are about the music as a whole. I am not saying I hated it, I like a couple songs and Paul Kuhr's growling still crushes. I just think Pale Haunt had more energy in a couple of songs than most of this album.

samples of entire morbid angel album :) at times it sounds like the usual morbid angel era domination... others it sounds like they have listened too much rammstein lately (Destructos vs the Earth, Radikult)... I like this sort of things when the music is good so I don't care if they decided to go industrial, we'll see :) obviously, many will hate it :p

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Illud-Divinum-Insanus/dp/B004ZZITEU[/ame]

Can't stop listening to Torture Killer...ahhhh! Anyone know of any bands with a similar sound like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, I said it because the band started as a tribute to Six Feet Under... quite weird if you ask me, TK sounds better than most SFU albums, excepts for the two first ones... the name Torture Killer was taken from a SFU song even :) for similar artists dunno, Obituary I guess, maybe Gutted's Bleed For Us To Live for gr00ve-related issues :)