Death Metal Bands

Nice artwork!

Thanks!

Btw, completely random...but after many months I finally decided to check out that new Samael album. I'm actually totally shocked by how much I like it. It's still got a little too much "Oom-PAH-oom-PAH" for my tastes here and there, but what is most important that I think they actually got that darkness and hint of evil that they've been missing for SOOOOooo fucking long. Like even though Above was a "return to roots" (their words not mine), I was still bummed at how everything sounded very anthemic and not like the evil shit that I grew up with from these guys.

This actually has a bit of that back, so I quite enjoy it.
Probably the best thing they have done since Passage and that is saying something from me. I hope they keep it up.

I was expecting way more gr00ve from the Hoffman dudes :s too bad, I hope the album's better... what's with the Sanctification look anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Btw, completely random...but after many months I finally decided to check out that new Samael album. I'm actually totally shocked by how much I like it. It's still got a little too much "Oom-PAH-oom-PAH" for my tastes here and there, but what is most important that I think they actually got that darkness and hint of evil that they've been missing for SOOOOooo fucking long. Like even though Above was a "return to roots" (their words not mine), I was still bummed at how everything sounded very anthemic and not like the evil shit that I grew up with from these guys.

This actually has a bit of that back, so I quite enjoy it.
Probably the best thing they have done since Passage and that is saying something from me. I hope they keep it up.

Ah! Nice!
Exactly, its not as good as the oldies but it has a few really good tracks and the evilness is back indeed.

I was expecting way more gr00ve from the Hoffman dudes :s too bad, I hope the album's better... what's with the Sanctification look anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU4DerYWcMs

Well that song sucked big time but damn that bass is brutal!!!! I want one! :D
I hope they have better songs on the album or make better songs in the future because I feel that I really want to like this band, the hoffman brothers are legendary and the band looked fucking brutal in that video...

HYPOCRISY Working On New Material - Nov. 10, 2011

Swedish extreme metal veterans HYPOCRISY are writing material for a new studio album, which they plan to record late next year. Guitarist Mikael Hedlund tells Metal Shock Finland, "It's too early to say what it's going to sounds like, but all I can say is that it's not gonna be any change of style. It will be a classic HYPOCRISY album without [any] compromises. We already got some material and we're really looking forward to enter the studio again. We don't know yet when it will [be], but hopefully after the summer 2012. Nothing is confirmed yet. We're doing the Metalfest tour [of Europe] in May/June plus some other festivals. That's the plans at the moment."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165961

http://metalshockfinland.wordpress....ally-we-can-tell-the-true-story-of-hypocrisy/