Death Metal Bands

The new Six Feet Under is actually good, weird how things have changed.

Don't even know why I checked it out, but I am happy I did. If it wasn't for old CC and Chris Barnes, I'd have never gotten into Death metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Paradise Lost is growing on me sounds like a more modern version of Icon.

I really like In Requiem and the s/t, but the newest stuff is alittle bland to me. I like how on these albums they're very metal like the old stuff and return to form, but have the modern pop/rock influences and vibe of later PD. So the band seems to actually be progressing. It's the perfect mix of old and new PS. Now they just sound like a bland metal band or something and not going anywhere. And they never will top Icon or Draconian times. Stuff I've heard from Tragic Idol sounds like a bland version of Faith Divides us... they did not bother to change up the production or music. Gregor Mackintosh is one of my favorite 90's metal rythmn/lead guitarist easily, talk about atmosphere.

I heard it twice and wasn't super impressed, but that's not to say it's bad. I kinda dig it. Plus the other song they were plugging of the new album...something something megalomania....was rull good. I'm not worried about the state of the album overall.