Death Metal Bands

I kind of lost interest in Swallow the Sun a while back, but I have this feeling that one or all of these albums is going to kick my ass. It will be hard to pull off but I am pretty psyched about it.

Even if TMNC is really good (one of the best debuts ever?) I think it is pretty weak compared to New Moon and Emerald.
Renkse.. wat? :) Have they done like one song with him?

Easily the most overrated and shallow band in that genre. That was my point, the only really good song I've heard from them except on the debut is The Justice of Suffering. And I don't think the debut is THAT special, but Out of This Gloomy Light is crazy good.

I remember the first time I heard Out Of This Gloomy Light on their demo my hair was standing on end. I was still relatively new to Doom Metal aside from Rapture and Novembers Doom so it kicked my ass. The Morning Never Came actually one of my favourite Doom albums and was one hell of a way to introduce themselves. So many amazing songs in one package.

Overall Swallow the Sun is pretty hit and miss for me, I love certain songs and get really bored by others. Songs like The Giant, Silence of the Womb, Don't Fall Asleep and Justice of Suffering are just incredible, but then most of the songs on Emerald were so damn uninteresting to me. New Moon and Emerald both only got maybe 2 listens from me

I think I should probably give their later albums another shot since it has been a long time since I listened to them. Sometimes it's about time and place when it comes to enjoying an album.

Stefan here is another one for you to piss on...

523807.jpg

Stellar Tombs
https://soundcloud.com/napalmrecords/draconian-stellar-tombs/s-zdXeI

I hope its as good as their last two albums.
The new singer is really good.