Death Metal Bands

I'm looking to buy an edge of sanity album. Which one would you guys say is the best? I have simliar music styles with Stephan and EmeticGore from what I've read of this 50 page thread.

I think that Infernal steps too far from what Edge Of Sanity did on previous releases... Crimson II it's another classic :) the problem with that album is that represents only dan's vision of what EoS was, same principle with Cryptic... mmmm, I think that dan himself said that time ago at his forum... and I'm just stealing his words :loco: so, for a beginner, I think that Purgatory Afterglow is the right choice, that's my humble opinion.

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LISTEN TO THE NEW ARGHOSLENT ALBUM (HORNETS OF THE POGROM)
just got reminded about it, and trust me it fuckin slays

i love the opening track and the title track, those you mentioned are also kick ass
instrumental death metal title tracks fuckin slay

I'm looking to buy an edge of sanity album. Which one would you guys say is the best? I have simliar music styles with Stephan and EmeticGore from what I've read of this 50 page thread.
Purgatory Afterglow and Crimson... there you have 2 helluva classic albums.
Yeah, what the Bastard said. Crimson (I) is definitely their most popular and most praised album, but Purgatory Afterglow is also very good and very catchy, hence a (very) good place to start. My personal favourite is The Spectral Sorrows.

Infernal is generally un(der)appreciated, but actually contains some damn fine tunes.

Really? It's got a damn fine Swanö solo, that's fo'sho. 15:36, Together Forever Together and Damned (by the Damned) are mighty fine tunes as well i.m.o.

The cover art is butt-ugly though! :)

15:36 is catchy as hell for sure :) I don't see why people even bother with newer melo"death" when it was already perfected by the 90's bands like Edge of Sanity, Hypocrisy and Carcass.

15:36 is catchy as hell for sure :) I don't see why people even bother with newer melo"death" when it was already perfected by the 90's bands like Edge of Sanity, Hypocrisy and Carcass.

true, but some new melo"death" bands can be very good