Death Metal Bands

Regardless! Schaffer's an idiot but that band has put out some killer albums! lol, I used to know all the lyrics to Dark Saga.....maybe I should put that album on now...

You're generic!!!!!!! Something wicked, Burnt Offerings and Dark Saga are EPIC!!!!! Horror show was the one that started the fall for me although it wasn't bad.....then they got Owens....then they started SHOWING their patriotism.....

That's mostly why I can't stand Schaffer today. I used to just ignore him an focus on the awesome riffs he created, but now that his content is America rather than Spawn and dragons, I can't take it....even with Barlow because he's just as bad.

Christy is phenomenal....too bad he's stuck with Howard Stern.....although I bet he makes WAYYY more money than with Iced Earth and Death combined. I never liked Digiorgio, he really thinks he's lead guitar most of the time and never focus on keeping a heavy lowend.

For sure...but it's a rare example of a band where ALL of their albums were good. I think a big part was that Schuldiner wrote the songs and let his band experiment around that. Although I read in an interview with Hoglan where he says that the only reason why his albums with Death are so technical is because Chuck always found the drum parts he wrote too boring. He'd always say: "That's great Gene, but could you step it up a notch?" (I could TOTALLY hear Chuck saying that in a 'nice' constructive way lol)

all this blind guardian talk has made me put in my imaginations thorugh the looking glass dvd. killer dvd

Regardless! Schaffer's an idiot but that band has put out some killer albums! lol, I used to know all the lyrics to Dark Saga.....maybe I should put that album on now...

Dude, I remember when that album came out and I was like "WTF? An album about Spawn? That's pretty gay". Then I listened to it and was shocked at how good it was.
And yeah, Schaffer is a total tool, but I can't deny I like his writing style. Even on the Ripper albums, there are some good tunes...but it's not the same without Barlow to complete the package.

I'm looking forward to the NEXT album that has nothing to do with his "Something Wicked" story....

-D