Death Metal Bands

Their novelty wore off quite some time ago for me lol.

I actually managed to get a copy of Dominion's 'Born God and Aware' and must say, I'm quite impressed.

Agreed...they were one of the first bands to get me into black/death metal, so for them to go back to that style is pretty much the best thing ever for me.

Even though I didn't care for the last decades worth of music as much, I still always ranked them up with my favorites.
Kinda wish they'd use the old logo again for old time sake, but I'm not being picky ;)

-D

Resurrected PESTILENCE: New Song Posted Online

Resurrected late '80s/early '90s death metal outfit PESTILENCE has uploaded a new song, "Horror Detox", on the band's MySpace page. The track comes off the group's new album, "Resurrection Macabre", which is scheduled for release on March 13 in Europe (April 14 in the U.S.) via Holland's Mascot Records. The band recorded a total of 14 songs during the session at Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark — 11 new tracks and three classic PESTILENCE cuts (as chosen by the fans) to be included on the limited-edition first pressing: "Out Of The Body", "Chemo Therapy" and "Lost Souls". Joining guitarist/vocalist Patrick Mameli in PESTILENCE's current recording lineup are Tony Choy (ATHEIST, CYNIC) on bass and Peter Wildoer (DARKANE, NON-HUMAN LEVEL) on drums. Patrick has previously described the band's new material as a modern fusion of "Testimony of the Ancients" (1991) and "Spheres" (1993), but even more technical and brutal. Other songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Hangman (Into The Mind Of An Executioner)", "Synthetic Grotesque (Trying To Create Through Cloning)", "Fiend (Drugaddiction)", "Resurrection Macabre (The Return Of The Pestilence)" and "Hate Suicide (Last Hours Of A Suicide-Bomber)".

Footage of drummer Peter Wildoer laying down tracks for "Resurrection Macabre" can be viewed below.

PESTILENCE 2009 touring lineup (pictured below):

Patrick Mameli – Guitar, Vocals
Patrick Uterwijk - Guitar
Tony Choy - Bass
Peter Wildoer - Drums

Link to the whole article

Peter recording drums for Pestilence's new album

The new track sounds gr00vy :D

No van drunen on vocals but still awesome new song :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
l_53e303838aa145259041c4ea753c746f.jpg

New Pestilence line up... all hail peter wildoer :headbang:

Looking forward to it as well, but (after but one listen) I think the new song sounds a bit straight forward and clinical. He also continues with the 'song title repeating' vocals, just like he did on several songs on Testimony. A bit lame and predictable I think, he could be a bit more imaginative on that part.. But let's see what the rest of the album brings. As said, it's definitely one of the albums I'm much looking forward to this year.