DEATH METAL........guys i just dont get it ...!

just get carcass- heartwork , one of the best DM albums ever and its perfect to get into death metal!, then get necroticism and be amazed!!
anything by death , especially symbolic is pretty cool to get into dM.
anything by morbid angel, try covenant or blessed are the sick...

MAGUS said:
profånity... fuck your nihilism, how many death metal bands have you heard whos lyrics touch nihilism??? death metal lyrics are about slaughtering, destructing, terroring...etc etc. about war, satan and stuff. death metal is about the horrors of mankind.

Nile's stuff isn't really about that. Well actually I guess it sort of is in a round about way.

Well, I'm new to deathmetal too, I would say. The door opened Arch Enemy with Wages of Sin. But maybe you must be interested in the themes. As a hobby writer, who is interested in Demons, Vampires, Horror, but also many more psychological things, I have maybe a thing with that. It is true, that it needs some time to get used to that style, but I remember the last days I was almost around the lock listening to AE.

But I can't stand Six Feet Under for instance... I listen to many styles of music (nusic, not rap, techno or shit alike) and I'm always testing out new styles, new music and bands. Life is too short to be picky :p

I'd recommend trying some more melodic bands first, such as Opeth or Dark Tranquillity, then work your way into stuff like At The Gates...Then try some Death, Cynic or Nile.

Getting used to death vocals is difficult for many people, just keep an open mind and you'll begin to appreciate death metal in time.

MAGUS said:
profånity... fuck your nihilism,
1-how many death metal bands have you heard whos lyrics touch nihilism???
2-death metal lyrics are about slaughtering, destructing, terroring...etc etc.
3-about satan
4- death metal is about the horrors of mankind.
1-Every single German Death Metal band.
2-:lol: Isn't that part of a Nihilists view?
Destruction-Destroying all social order to find the true meaning of life.
Slaughtering, terroring-inflicting pain, because pain is what Nihilists promote.
3-Name 1 German Death Metal band who refer to Satan, bands which do such as Deicide aren't true Death Metal.
4-Yes, because a Nihilists view are rejection of all social and moral principles.

What the fuck is your obsession with German Death metal? Could you recommend five or ten German Death metal bands, please?

Reactions: Profanity
I had a hard time getting over death vocals. I couldn't stand them. I got into In Flames cause their guitar work is fucking great, you can't not like it. The only obstacle for me was the vocals. Now I've grown to like death vocals. It's definately an aquired taste but I must say that I am a proponent of melody, and good singing enriches that melody. After all music is just melody, which brings me to my next point. I hate brutal death. Yes its fast, yes its heavy, and yes its not the easiest stuff to play at times, but it lacks melody and is dead to me. I think their should be more singing in Metal. I think most bands just find a guy who can scream because its easier than getting a good singer. I enjoy death metal because there are cool death metal bands. I would have to say Opeth and In Flames are the marijuana of death vocals.
But check out Falconer, they aren't death metal, they are power metal but its fucking great b/c their singer is fuckin phenominal. Singing beats growling any time, their is more feeling and emotion. The only emotion a growl can express is being pissed off, which the reason all of us listen to metal. At one point or another our lives got fucked up or some shit happened and we got mad. Metal is almost thereputic, you can't be pissed off all the time you know. Ok, Ok, maybe at Slayer, but thats it.

What the fuck is up with this Profanity's obvious infatuation with nihilism? Dude, if you want something nihilistic, go listen to some fucking punk.

Did you just learn the word nihilism in class or something, and you just like saying it or something? It really sounds like you just jumped on a bandwagon, which is pretty much against what nihilism is about.

Reactions: Profanity