Death Metal

Yes they did. Sure that may not have been pure brutal death metal but I felt like their were hints of it among other things. Go ahead and post as many lol emoticons as you want and run to the tool shed for the torches and pitchforks but to me that wasn't very interesting or creative at all cuz you know opinions n' stuff man. Whatever you want to call it I'm afraid it wasn't very good.

Spouts typical bullshit about subjectivity then states her opinion as fact "I'm afraid it wasn't very good." Good one. I'm afraid you have the worst music taste on this board.

i wouldn't really say dead congregation have ever been "interesting" or "creative", considering they're basically just an immo/incantation ripoff band with more "orthodox" anti-christian posturing and a cool, kvlt image. meh.

To be honest incantation and immolation themselves kinda have a bit of brutal death sound to them anyway, so I'm not sure how its that far fetched. I think it's really just the early New York em sound.

Spouts typical bullshit about subjectivity then states her opinion as fact "I'm afraid it wasn't very good." Good one. I'm afraid you have the worst music taste on this board.

Ok I have the worst taste in here yay. :)

And I didn't state my opinion as factual by the way. I may have stated my opinion assertively but I don't think I said it was a cold hard fact. I think you just may have interpreted it that way, who knows. And I have to ask. Do you actually think I'm a girl or was that "her" remark meant to be emasculating? I'm actually not offended, I think it's interesting that someone would think that. I guess the Kara part sounds feminine or something.

i wouldn't really say dead congregation have ever been "interesting" or "creative", considering they're basically just an immo/incantation ripoff band with more "orthodox" anti-christian posturing and a cool, kvlt image. meh.

That, like, hurt my feelings man...

It's not really about being interesting or creative with DC. It's about their near perfect execution of creating a concept and composing their songs to expertly capture that atmosphere. Something I feel is lost when bands try to be too "interesting" and "creative" ala something as awful as Liturgy.

I think Keher-Sherorwhatever is right in his comment about them being "almost brutal" or whatever he said, but I don't see where his real criticism comes from. All death metal is brutal in essence, except the gayshit that nobody gives a fuck about (ala In Flames cockgrabbing knuckledraggers).