Death Metal

"infinite lameness", hahaha! I like that way of putting it.
Actually, I like Cannibal Corpse, and other 'gore-metalists', but I could hardly give a fuck about what they're saying; obviously such bands have nothing important to say on an emotional level, and I bet that the only ones that could possibly connect with the lyrics are serial killers or future necrorapists. I like the music, that is the sound of it at least. Lyrics I really don't pay much attention to.

The bands I really care for, however, are those that I can truly enjoy their music and appreciate the lyrics as well. Angel Corpse, although they may sound purely satanic, have a force about their lyrics that inspire me. And don't forget that many bands express anti-christian messages through their songs and yet are not necessarily satanic. Incantation is another one I love: at the top of my head, I can't think of anytime they've ever used 'satan' in the lyrics, and yet they seem totally satanic: no, they are just incredibly anit-christian/anti-religious.

Always mind the grey area!!

Take care.

I listen to plenty of Death metal and some Grind, and I also don't really enjoy much Katatonia before Discouraged Ones. Weird that.

But yeah I like stuff like Malevolent Creation, Cynic, Gorguts, Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Atheist, Asphyx, Gorerotted, Nasum, Entombed, Incantation, Edge of Sanity, Hypocrisy, Carcass, Brutal Truth, Morbid Angel.... etc.

In the Melodic sense I like some other stuff like Misanthrope, A Canorous Quintet, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, Opeth, Sins of Omission, Gardenian, earlier Sentenced, Insomnium.. and a tonne of others I can't think of right now.

Originally posted by MacMoney
Old school death metal - The good death metal. All this new grind infested shit is just a big borefest.

Which bands are you referring to specifically? I think I know what you mean though. For example, the band Disgorge (from Mexico) are alright, but it's the vocalist that I really like. The music, however, seems to drown out his stuff with all the grind noise. It's exhausting, and not necessarily in the way I enjoy.

Hi Árkana :)

I use to go through almost monthly "phases" of favoring BM over DM and vice versa, but just about over a year ago, I primarily listen to DM. I don't know how to explain the various changes I would go through, but I still have a strong appreciation for BM. Ironically, although your favorite DM album is by Darkthrone, Darkthrone happens to be my ultimate favorite black metal group!
The best!

I like death metal
not into Nile,Immolation and all those bands
I only like CC from that kind of death metal and purely because I saw them live and loved them
I preffer At the Gates,Disember,Gorefest,In Flames,Edge of Sanity,Malevolent Creation,Deicide,Cryptopsy,Bolt Thrower etc

My faves: Skinless, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Sinister, Nile, Cryptopsy, Cannibal Corpse, Jungle Rot, Vile, Immolation, Opeth, Bloodbath. I prefer USA-Deat-Grind. At The Gates is one of the swedish bands i listen to. cant hear stuff like In Flames anymore. that göteborg sound isn´t my cup of tea. some german bands rule too. we have a good underground. just check out Profanity... is like cryptopsy or hate eternal. :)

I don't think Cryptopsy's and then you'll beg is that good
I can't listen to it all in just one listen
I preffer whisper supremacy
and I hated when lord worm was on vocals